Friday, January 16, 2015

Friday---free finds!

   I usually just "pin" to Pinterest the things I see or run across online----especially the free tutorials or patterns.  I realize not everyone follows Pinterest or checks to see if I found something good.   So in the spirit of share it all, I will try to remember to post some free finds on Fridays this year.
 
Sew Perfect from All People Quilt
It's call SewPerfect and is from All People Quilt.....a small gift or personal project.  And the pattern is available for download as a free PDF. I like the folio style and the side slide in pocket, as well as the pocket slots for accessories that we all use.  While I am not a hand stitcher any longer, there are times I need to grab a few tools for marking diagonals, or applique pieces.  This is great for that, too.
I may make a couple of adjustments to fit my small mat and ruler....and eliminate the ties.  I would use a loop and button if I need a closure.  Grab the pattern for future use!



From Moda Bakeshop

  I thought this was too cute!  A play mat for baby done in cathedral window pattern.  There's a really good free tutorial there on this circle technique.
  You can finish this up by machine instead of hand stitching.   I  have also seen this done with old jeans and scraps....and leave the edges raw even.  That would be perfect for a college student to lug around.



    Check out the new site for Quiltshopgal---formerly SewCalGal.    Creative Goodness is a linky party every Friday.....with the intent to share and inspire.  Old and new posts can be shared, and some weeks there are themes.   Hop on over and give Darlene some company!





 Have fun with these.....happy stitching.

4 comments:

Dana Gaffney said...

I saw your additions on pinterest, lots of good stuff :). I made a holder for my daughter years ago similar to the top project, it was for her knitting supplies. I needed to add a flap to hold everything in, if she turned it in the wrong direction the knitting needles fell out. I'm not sure if that would be a problem with something not as slippery as a knitting needle.

MissPat said...

Debbie,

I'm so excited! That cathedral windows tutorial is just what I need to finish a UFO from several years ago. One of our group members taught this to us, but I didn't have any written directions and she couldn't find them when I asked. I have all the circles done and just need to sew them together (which as I recall is harder than it looks, very thick seams). I'm going to pull this one out soon and get back to it.

Thank you for all you do. I've learned so much from your blog. And your scrappy watercolor version of Bonnie Hunter's scrappy trips is on my to-do list, hopefully this year.

Pat

Terri said...

Thanks, Debbie, for the sharing. Love the little equipment tote.
Hugs

Lynne said...

I'm not on Pinterest (or Facebook for that matter) -- I spend too much time on the computer as it is. So, I really appreciate your sharing your finds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...