So when I needed to cover the edges on the fused flowers, I decided to try a few of them. That is a serpentine stitch around the outer edge. It gives a fun finish to the flower. For the center I used the uneven zig-zag stitches. I'm not sure what they are really called.
For the purple flower, I used the same uneven zig-zag, but I shortened the stitch length to give a more open appearance.
To stabilize the piece, I simply placed batting behind the top. The batting prevents distortion. On both I used Isacord embroidery thread. Once everything was stitched down, I then added the backing and quilted. So all the "uglies" from the embroidery stitches, do not show on the back.
Finished size is 15".....a cute wall hanging, or table topper.
I like this one well enough to try another version and play around with the colors.
Speaking of color.....Color....yep some color was bought and given to Sir Old Man for the workshop. Lol!!! I found duct tape in red, turquoise, and camouflage. Now he has no excuse / no reason to use that old gray stuff. He should just be glad I didn't buy the pink, or the one with ducks on it!