Friday, February 12, 2016

Friday Finds

 This week at quilt guild, our President asked for 2 house blocks next month....any size or variation.  I knew I had this one to try.  It is from Vroomans Quilts....click here for Sharon's tutorial. 
 This is an 8 1/2'' by 10 1/2'' unfinished block.  I know I have shared this one before.....but I made this one :)   Thanks  again, Sharon for sharing this one.









  After sharing a few ideas for borders last week, I ran across this.
More border ideas from Pat Speth in Nickel Quilts.   I don't have this book.....but I am adding it to my want list.









From Fluffy Sheep Quilting
  We all know how to make bow tie blocks.....but here's a really cute variation that used a nine patch in the make up.  Since I am doing a daily--almost daily---bow tie block, this naturally caught my eye.   Visit Fluffy Sheep Quilting to see some details. 





Temecula Quilt Company: Happy Valentine's Day:

One cute, little block can turn into a great Valentine's Day quilt.   See it at Temecula Quilt Company.  Wish I had found this sooner....maybe next year?



That's it for the week.  As always, please visit and pin from the original source.  That helps keep me honest and other bloggers happy :)  Give a hug and a kiss to someone sweet.  Go enjoy some chocolate.   Happy stitching.

5 comments:

Mary said...

Thanks for some great inspiration!

Dolores said...

The little hearts make a nice border too.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Thank you for the share and love your little house block. Oh, I just love the bow-tie block - how cute!!! I have Pat Speth's book(s), but you know how I love borders.

Janet O. said...

Those are really fun bow tie blocks!
I remember Temecula's little heart quilt SAL. I didn't do it, but I remember it. : )

Dana Gaffney said...

You referenced Sharon then talked about a border book and it made me laugh, I thought it would be a great gift for her, then I laughed harder when I read her comment that she had the book. LOL. I love those little hearts, so simple but they look great in the quilt in the link, thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...