Friday, February 12, 2016

Friday Finds

 This week at quilt guild, our President asked for 2 house blocks next month....any size or variation.  I knew I had this one to try.  It is from Vroomans Quilts....click here for Sharon's tutorial. 
 This is an 8 1/2'' by 10 1/2'' unfinished block.  I know I have shared this one before.....but I made this one :)   Thanks  again, Sharon for sharing this one.









  After sharing a few ideas for borders last week, I ran across this.
More border ideas from Pat Speth in Nickel Quilts.   I don't have this book.....but I am adding it to my want list.









From Fluffy Sheep Quilting
  We all know how to make bow tie blocks.....but here's a really cute variation that used a nine patch in the make up.  Since I am doing a daily--almost daily---bow tie block, this naturally caught my eye.   Visit Fluffy Sheep Quilting to see some details. 





Temecula Quilt Company: Happy Valentine's Day:

One cute, little block can turn into a great Valentine's Day quilt.   See it at Temecula Quilt Company.  Wish I had found this sooner....maybe next year?



That's it for the week.  As always, please visit and pin from the original source.  That helps keep me honest and other bloggers happy :)  Give a hug and a kiss to someone sweet.  Go enjoy some chocolate.   Happy stitching.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for some great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little hearts make a nice border too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the share and love your little house block. Oh, I just love the bow-tie block - how cute!!! I have Pat Speth's book(s), but you know how I love borders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are really fun bow tie blocks!
    I remember Temecula's little heart quilt SAL. I didn't do it, but I remember it. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. You referenced Sharon then talked about a border book and it made me laugh, I thought it would be a great gift for her, then I laughed harder when I read her comment that she had the book. LOL. I love those little hearts, so simple but they look great in the quilt in the link, thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Love questions and comments! No reply bloggers....if you have something to say, please include email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...