Friday, October 21, 2016

Friday Finds.....October style

pat-sloan-the-splendid-sampler-oct-bonus-block
From Pat Sloan


   Pumpkins are on the vine, and all over the place right now.  
Pat Sloan is offering this cute block pattern...she made her's white.  The post is here for this Splendid Sampler block.    My idea for it was as a mug rug, or on the ends of a table topper/runner.  It is simple enough to enlarge the pattern and mix up beautiful fall colors.








Martingale - Top Your Table (Print version + eBook bundle):

 This is a Kim Diehl pattern from book published by Martingale, Top Your Table.    The book is on sale right now :)
  You can't go wrong with her designs or patterns, and the colors are always so special.  









Hill Country Quilter: Quilting Aids:
From Hill Country Quilter

   This tip was stolen/borrowed from  special blogging friend,  from Mary at Hill Country Quilter.
  Mary shared her tip to keep quilts from falling off the edge of the table and causing drag......dreaded drag that weights down your stitching movement.  She uses a sit down machine like I do, but with a set of bookends (from the thrift store) attached via large binder clips to the table edge.  Brilliant!!!  
I am sure I have a set of those bookends somewhere.
  Be sure to read the whole post.....if you need a needle threader.  I hit the grocery store and found the GUM product for threading dental floss.....it works great as a needle threader.  With my vision changing, I need help to thread the Featherweight.  The floss threaders work perfectly.  Thanks Mary for these ideas. 





Pumpkin Pecan Cobbler...cake on the top, hot caramel sauce on the bottom!! Fall dessert central.


One more pumpkin pin.......a sweet treat/recipe for the season.  Pumpkin pecan cobbler sounds yummy and looks so good.  I am glad I picked up pumpkin puree at the store this week because this is on my to do list for the weekend.    This recipe is what my mother used to call  a pudding cake.







  As always, please pin from the original source.
Cooler weather this weekend.....finally.  Happy stitching.

6 comments:

Mary said...

That recipe looks so yummy!

Barbara said...

That recipe looks pretty darned good to me too. I have a bunch of pumpkin. Last year, a pumpkin shortage was predicted, and so I bought three cans at an early grocery store trip (well before Thanksgiving). Then we got plenty of fresh pumpkin in our CSA share, and so I still have the three cans. Better use them somehow. (BTW, the pumpkin shortage never materialized.)

Janet O. said...

That is a cute pumpkin block, and I love the Kim Diehl runner!
The bookends are a great idea, but I have had a hard time in the past when trying to locate large binder clips.

Angie said...

Love your pumpkin! :) And that tip is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing it with us. :)

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

That cobbler looks yummy. I'm already blaming you for all the banana pudding I've been making lately. I even made some at the family reunion, to go with the dinner (before the auction). It was the only dessert that was gone, completely.

Mystic Quilter said...

What a great use for the bookends - I must try and hunt a pair down.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...