Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Bread from the oven

  Well, this has been a long, rough week since the work crew was here to fix our foundation problems.   I was quite stressed Friday as they were working on the sewing room which proved to be the worse.   The back corner of the house sits on solid rock it seems.  I had visions of sliding down the hill, but all is good now.  So I can quit with the nightmares.      A doctor's visit went well....all is fine after the ultra sounds..... a load off my mind.  
  So Saturday began the return things to their place......clothes closet cleaned out and sorted,  moving machines back into the sewing room, and dividing up the books.  Needless to say I over did and had an energy crash.  It is like running into a brick wall and not being able to take another step.  Sunday was the B-12 shot and a slow return to moving again.  That said I am still in the slow long process of restoring things to normal.  It will take me another week probably to get there.

    And........I had a mess with the blog this weekend.  A windows update did me in again I think.  Or maybe a combo of Windows/Google/Blogger did it.  I got signed out or knocked out  of blogger, could not get back in, was assigned a new email address and on and on and on.  I finally figured out how to get signed back in and then got the "fake" email address removed to find that my reading list on the dashboard was gone!  So I know I have missed quite a few blogs as I tried to add ones back in.  Then dear Gene  let me know I had become a "no reply blogger".    So this morning I tracked that down and got it fixed.    All this to say, I may miss some of your posts, but I am working to return to normal soon.....lol.



   And on the bright side, I have a sour dough starter going!  A successful batch it seems.  I decided last week to try once again, since I wasn't able to do much else.  This morning was day 7 and it was very active.  Note:  I started with one bowl.   By day 2 I could tell it was doing well, so instead of discarding the excess, I started a second bowl.   I followed the King Arthur Flour formula to get here.


And here is the first batch---fresh from the oven---- smells so good.  I think it will be a sandwich night for us.
I will put one starter in the refrig and feed it weekly.  The other one will go on the counter for now for a few loaves to share with the neighbors.


  I found my iron this afternoon and plan on getting in the sewing room in the morning for a little while.  I want to at least press the watercolor and rail fence top that I got sewn.  I'll just keep getting back up and won't let these things keep me down.  Life is too short, sew on!  Happy stitching.

14 comments:

Janet O. said...

Oh, it sounds like your computer issues have been very frustrating, along with the foundation issues.
Glad to hear that things went well at the doctor. Hope you can recover your strength soon.
The bread looks yummy! DH loves sourdough. He would be thrilled if I could make that for him, but even when I could do gluten, I never could remember to feed the starter consistently. I am impressed that with all you have going on, you are able to keep on top of that! : )

---"Love" said...

Again today, how I relate to your computer problems! Windows, Google, blogging, Yahoo mail, Fire Wall, you name it, I have that problem again! I can almost smell that bread; wish I had a couple of slices! Hope things get better for you --- (and me)! ---"Love"

Quilting Babcia said...

So glad to hear you're on the downside of the foundation issues and everything will soon be back to a semblance of normal. Change is never easy at our age. Have you tried sourdough pancakes or biscuits yet? Both are wonderful! It has been a long time since I've been able to create a viable starter and I miss it.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I a little computer shiver too, but not as bad as you. Oh, homemade bread - so jealous!! Take your time dear heart, we don't want you to have a relapse.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Glad you are back in the sewing room and back in the computer game!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I hope you have fun reinventing your sewing space.

Ray and Jeanne said...

Sounds like you've had a rough week. Hoping things have turned and all is going in the right direction now. I think that bread is a great start - I can almost smell it! Take it easy. ~Jeanne

Dana Gaffney said...

Rough week, but you've been through worse. It must be so nice to have the house worries behind you and of course you pushed yourself too hard trying to get everything back to normal, that's how you roll my freaking warrior, LOL. The computer world is weird right now, nothing went wrong with mine but I still spent an hour on the phone making sure my virus protection, cloud space and VPN were all in good shape. Are all of your old posts still there? I almost think your reading list may just reappear.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Fresh baked bread can clear away a lot of troubles! Glad your foundation issues are behind you, and take care of yourself!

Mary said...

Modern technology is wonderful until it isn't. I'm so happy you're getting things back to normal. I can almost smell the fresh bread here!

Gene Black said...

I am glad I could help. :-) The bread looks great. Since I eat too much of it if I make my own, that is something I don't do anymore except for quick breads for a get together.

MissPat said...

Packing up and reorganizing are both ablessing and a curse. Glad to see you are at least back to the reorganizing part. Take it a step at a time. You will get there. I had a computer hiccup, too, but mine was self-inflicted and I finally figured it out. Your bread looks delicious.
Pat

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Now you know why I refuse to use Windows 10. I've heard nothing but horror stories with it. Hope you get everything working again soon.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

The bread looks great! Still haven't made any here. I had one failed attempt at starter and haven't tried again...yet. We had a similar "house in chaos" situation but minus the foundation issues. I refer to it as "the move" because that's what it felt like. Just got all new flooring but it was two weeks of people in my house (weeeknd too), dust and noise, some floor issues etc. and almost everything stuffed down in the basement. Another situation to make us appreciate when things are UNeventful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...