Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Temporary sewing room?

  While the foundation work is going on, I am temporarily sewing in the office.  It is cramped but doable with the Featherweight.   I have Dr. Blake Mysteries and Miss Fischer's Mysteries lined up on youtube  to keep me company.
   I can close the doors into this room, but I still hear the drill, the banging and hammering going on.  My nerves are on edge, but sewing on the rail fence blocks is a distraction.



  I am using the double 4 patch parts as my leader and ender as I am joining rows.  I also have a small water color to sew up.

  Just back from fixing lunch......the house is upside down and furniture from 3 rooms fills the family room.  I have to go around to get to the kitchen.    The sunroom  floor is leveled and the ground is stabilized......what a relief.  I almost started crying.  This afternoon they are working in the master bedroom and bath.......at least we will have a place to sleep.   I have a doctor's appointment in the morning, so that is a small reprieve.
Here's to quiet and happy stitching.


12 comments:

Mary said...

Sounds like your workers are making good progress. Hopefully you will be able to put your house back in order soon.

Quilting Babcia said...

Here's hoping the rest of the work goes quickly. Its always a blessing to have a little featherweight on hand!

Linda Swanekamp said...

You will persevere. All the work is for the good in the long haul. I hate disruptions in routine and loud noises. Did you try headphones? Just keep sewing and as the quilts start appearing out of the pieces, things will come together. Hope the doctor report is positive.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm glad you found a little corner to sew in. I always dread having workmen in the house fixing something. It is an intrusion that doesn't really last for a long time but it seems like an eternity at the time.

Nicki said...

I'm glad you are able to get the foundation work done & glad you found a little nook to do your sewing in. This too will pass & before long you will have a sound home again. Prayers for a good Dr. appointment tomorrow.

Janet O. said...

It is good that you have somewhere to go and get some therapy with a sewing machine--otherwise you might be crying for entirely different reasons!!
So much upheaval is so unsettling. I'm glad you have your featherweight to bring you some peace of mind (even if you can still hear all of their noise).

Mystic Quilter said...

Even a small place to set up your machine and sew is better than no place at all, but we do miss having our usual "things" around don't we! Hope all is finished and back to normal for you soon. Best wishes for the doctor visit tomorrow.

Gene Black said...

If you need another reprieve - Dr. Gene prescribes a trip to the quilt shop to calm your jangled nerves. (Of course you don't want to bring in "more stuff" -isn't it a shame they don't have layaway!)

Dana Gaffney said...

It sounds like they're making good progress. Turn those shows up loud and sew or do you have headphones? I think Dr. Gene has a point, just leave the gifts to yourself in the trunk until things are getting put back together. Good luck at the doctors.

Barbara said...

We had a flood in my basement sewing room several years back. Such a pain...I set up shop in the dining room a few times, but couldn't wait to get back into the sewing room. Hopefully your work will go quickly.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

What a pain! Sorry! And I'm thinking about getting new carpet. If I do, it will have to be done just a bit at a time, since there isn't anywhere to put everything.

Lindah said...

Ooooh, I feel your frustrations. We just finished a 3 1/2 months restoration of flooded kitchen/dining room. It does end eventually. And then it is wonderful.
BLessings! Hoping all the work goes smoothly and on schedule.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...