Monday, October 4, 2010

Quilt Show favorites

The 2010 quilt show is over, but I thought I would share a few favorites.
 All the photos were taken by Dave, who is one of our members.  And yes, he quilts too.
 


It was an amazing and touching day yesterday at the show.  Sarah brought Emily, who I am teaching to sew,  to see the quilt show.  She was  overwhelmed by all the quilts and fabrics, and she so wanted to win a door prize of fabric.  Suzanne, our show chairman, pulled out a  small stack of donated fabrics  and gave them to Emily.  She was thrilled.  A few minutes later, Emily's number was called and she did win a pack of fat quarters.  More thrilled.  We continued looking at the quilts, and a lady approached Emily and handed her 2 bundles of fat quarters!  The lady said she was called Nanny Annie, and she wanted Emily to go home and write in her journal about all things she saw today and to write down her  own ideas. 
  Now, let me explain why I began crying.....just last week I gave Emily a sewing journal for her to use and keep a book of her ideas and favorite things like colors and photos.  How did this lady, who I did not know, know about this journal assignment? 
But that is not all.....another lady gave Emily her door prize of fabrics, and yet another.  Emily's purse could not hold it all!    At the end of the day Emily was all smiles and proclaimed, "I am an artist." 

  It's not the breaths you take,
but the moments that take your breath away.

I can't express how much these ladies touched my heart.  Thank you. 
Happy stitching.

2 comments:

Carol said...

That is so sweet the everyone wanted Emily to have such a memorable experience. Now she has a lovely stash to remember them all by :)

Juanita said...

It touches me too just to read about your experience - and is a reminder of how important it is to nurture and support creativity. It can make such a difference in people's lives.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...