Friday, May 4, 2012

Double dipping....

The Liebster award (German for favourite/dearest) is to showcase bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. Upon accepting the award the recipient must then pass it on to five more blogs of note. A way of introducing other bloggers to the blogs they enjoy.


The Liebster Conventions says that :
1. Thank your award presenter on your blog and link back to him/her
2. Copy and paste the award to your blog
3. Present the Liebster Award to 5 blogs that you think deserve to be recognized
4. Let them know by leaving a comment on their blog
5. Have faith that your follower will spread the love too!

  Kim at Seeing Stars and Ashlea at Ashleasquilting  tagged me again for the Liebster Blog.  Thank you both for your kind comments.  Both of them have great blogs.....check them out.  So, I am doing a twist to this one....I am not going to pass it on to other blogs, but feel free to grab it if you so wish.  What I will do is share just a couple of blogs that I really enjoy and have been inspired by.  Stop by, leave them a comment on their latest. 
Rhianon  at The Nifty Stitcher  is an inspiring stitcher by hand and machine.  I have mentioned her before in conjunction with the Free Motion Quilting Challenge.  Her feathers were just amazing.

Holly at Through my Window  has wonderful art quilts to delight the eye.  She does a lot of painted backgrounds and thread sketching for details.  I find something to enjoy with each visit.

Mary at Hillcountryquilter is working on  Jane Stickle blocks right now and has the center portion of a top down from Strips that Sizzle.  Both of these are wonderful.  Her strips really do sizzle in this one. 

Wanda at Exuberantcolor --I know a lot of you follow her anyway and she has lots of followers---is prepping for an exhibition show in Charlotte, NC next month. (Guess who plans to go!)   Right now she is working on a couple of different colorwash quilts that I am drooling over.  So if by chance you found me looking for watercolor quilts.....check her blog out. And if you are within a couple of hours of this display, it will be worth the time to see it in June.
Happy stitching.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Thanks for the advertisement of the show! I'm hoping to see a lot of our readers there!

Nicki said...

Congratulations on the Liebster award. What an honor to know that your fellow blggers want you to be a part of this group.

I've checked out all your recommended blogs & must say I love them all. Now the question is...do I REALLY have time to follow any more? I have to get control of myself & not leave DH behind in dust. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...