Saturday, May 2, 2015

May already?

  Time is flying by again......April was full of projects.



   A scrap quilt made from the Carolina Chain block from Bonnie Hunter was quilted and bound.  I named this one Home Ties.











 The pattern was in an old Quiltmaker magazine....but it is an easy one to figure out.  I used 2 1/2" strips for this one.  Light center squares go on one diagonal and the darker center squares go in the opposite direction.





   I spent a few days playing around with the 2+4 patch block scrap project.  My stack of 2 patches is piling up as I am making them as a leader/ender unit while I work of other quilts.  That means I have 3 things going on right now......that is enough.






  Then I spent a week making table runners from the Piano Keys pattern from Connie at Freemotion by the River.  I love this pattern and am planning /cutting out one in fall tones!







  The floral string quilt got a change up in the layout, which really slowed me down.  But I like the blocks so much better with the sashing strips.  I have just uncovered a fabric for a border, so I can get this one completed next month.





   I finished up the floral log cabin blocks....and decided on this layout.  It is simmering on the design wall until I get the border onto the string quilt.


  May looks like it will be spent on completions.....the string quilt, the log cabin watercolor, and  more blocks for the scrappy rail fence of 2 + 4 patches.
More than enough to keep me busy.  As much as I want to jump onto a new project,  I will stick to my limit of 3.....and maybe just add in a plan or two.   Happy stitching.

5 comments:

Mary said...

You had a very productive month! All are beautiful. I really like the floral string quilt setting and am looking forward to seeing what you chose for the border.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Such a wonderful display of color, scraps, and design. I need to set some time aside for 'finishing', too.

Mystic Quilter said...

Colourwash Log Cabin - just beautiful. The Carolina Chain interests me, I have stacks and stacks of 2 1/2" strips so I put them to good use with this one.

Dana Gaffney said...

Beautiful, beautiful and beautiful. I can't get over the difference in the two table runners, making one in fall colors will be beautiful too, which way are you going with it, I still like your "mistake" one better but it could be the florals. The string quilt laid like that with the shadows makes me think of rain on windows.

Janet O. said...

You had a very productive April, with beautiful results.
You are so good to stick to your rule of three! : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...