Thursday, April 14, 2016

Fusing only today

   I was inspired to do a repeat of sorts.  So today was  just cutting and fusing time.    I had been piecing bricks to make a long banner or table runner.  I had planned a flying geese band for the border.  But I tossed that idea to the wind and decided to just add fused plumes.





 
   That's a quarter on the purple plume for size reference.  I traced off a few from leftover plumes from the large quilt.  I quickly gave that up and just winged it by cutting free hand.....faster and more quirky since sizes vary greatly.





  It's about 60'' long.  I will begin to stitch down the plumes and decide if I want more or not.  I do enjoy a good repeat...lol.


I need to finish up the bread I am making.....so stitching tomorrow.

Happy stitching. 

7 comments:

Jasmine said...

This is beautiful. Definitely worth repeating.

Quilting Babcia said...

Happy fusing, and eating! Your plumes look like such fun to make.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Beautiful repeat!

Robby said...

I like to think of repeats (and I do enjoy them, too) as another piece of art in a series. If important artists can to a "study" of technique or subject, why can't quilters?

Janet O. said...

A very pretty repeat.
Oh, I want to smell the bread baking!

Béa said...

Your fused feathers are very beautiful and the resulted top too, I love .

Dana Gaffney said...

I like the plumes, geese would have been pretty but the look would have been so different. The plumes give it a pretty whimsical look that I love.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...