Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Shed decor!

 

 

   Yep, Sir Old Man came thru in time, actually ahead of time for the birthday gift.   Mr. Red Cardinal was painted and sealed from the weather for his permanent location.  

  I tried not to nag or pester him to get it installed.  I was really patient, or at least I pretended to be.  




  The barn sign was added to the newly painted garden shed.  The perfect finishing touch to add a bit of a bright spot to the shed.  I love glancing thru the window of the sun room or the sewing room and seeing the bright red.  Makes me smile.




   No current finish to share, but these are a few of the wall hangings I shared with my Bible study group today.  And spent time telling the stories that went with them.  


  





   
    I also shared this one...Higher Hope. 
I love the jewel tones and how rich the colors become like stained glass in a cathedral.   And it is time to rehang it in the sunroom, as I love the full colors in it during the winter months.  

  
  I put aside the collage piece as I was frustrated with it.  Maybe in a month or two I will try again.  I have the continuing leader and ender blocks to sew and the latest watercolor is pressed.  Enough for now.  Happy stitching.

15 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

The cardinal barn quilt is wonderful! So much cheer on the shed. Love the wallhangings and wish I could get some done. The Higher Hope quilt is very inspiring. Kind of how shards of glass (or fabric), when you stand back make a glowing sight all framed.

Quilting Babcia said...

Your new barn quilt is just perfect in size and color for your garden shed. Love it! I agree Higher Hope is so much like a stained glass window, perfect for the season.

---"Love" said...

That beautiful cardinal is just perfect on your cute gray garden shed! I have always admired all your beautiful quilts! I wish I could blend colors together like you do. ---"Love"

Ray and Jeanne said...

Your barn sign is perfect. I love the cardinal - the red relay pops! I don't think I've ever seen your Higher Hope quilt. It is beautiful. The rich colors in the fabric along with the black really do look like church windows and are very soothing. ~Jeanne

Nicki said...

Seeing how Cardinals are your favorite bird, Sir Old Man came through with flying colors on your barn sign. It's absolutely perfect & beautiful hanging on the garden shed. He did good....keep on keeping him. :)
Love your Higher Hopes wall hanging. I don't remember seeing it before but then memory is not my best asset these days. ;)
Thanks for sharing your birthday gift with us.

Gene Black said...

The Cardinal Barn block looks great. I can see how it would make you smile.

I love Higher Hope. The colors are so lovely and it does look like stained glass in a cathedral.

Sherrill said...

The cardinal is beautiful and looks fantastic against the dark color of the shed!! Great job and should always bring a smile in an often dreary time of year.

MissPat said...

The cardinal looks great on the shed. Sir Old man comes through again. I don't remember seeing Higher Hopes before, either, but it's beautiful, like so many of your pieces.
Pat

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

I love the barn quilt and I bet it is wonderful to look out there at it! I like Higher Hope--it immediately reminded me of the meaning behind the architecture in traditional churches. The altars (the wall behind them) generally contain lines and peaks all pointing up, in a way to lift our prayers and, frankly, our souls, upward. I'm not very poetic in how I put it but I read something on that several years ago and found it fascinating. Maybe it's obvious but I never realized it. I miss the more traditional look and love going into any older church that has it. Anyway, I think your quilt has a similar effect.

Louise said...

Hooray for Sir Old Man! We all knew we could count on him to get the barn quilt installed. Higher Hope is so beautiful! Vaccine news has renewed my hope lately :)

Janet O. said...

A wonderful pop of happy color on the shed. Cheers for Sir Old Man!
I hope you feel good about your presentation with your Bible Study Group! Your quilts are so beautiful, and they can't help but lift those who see them.
Higher Hopes is gorgeous. I agree that it has the feel of stained glass in a house of worship--and I love that it points us upward!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What a happy touch of color to the shed and a Cardinal's good luck for your yard. Your pieces are just beautiful.

Kerry said...

Love the quilts - but the cardinal stole the show! Perfect for your cabin. Happy days! xx

Lynette said...

Those watercolor minis are all so pretty. And - WOW - yes, that quilt really does call to mind a cathedral window! Gorgeous!! Love your barn robin so much.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice barn quilt. That bottom quilt does look like stained glass. Merry Christmas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...