Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snowy Day

It started snowing late yesterday while we were loading Deana's cabinet into the van.  We awoke to bright sunshine and 5 inches on the ground. We won't attempt to go to Charlotte afterall.  For South Caroline that much snow means everything shuts down.  At least it wasn't all ice.  It  will be a good day to stay in and stay warm and sew some more.
I finished up  the binding on Scrappy Mountains last night.  I was really happy with the quilting on this one.  I used the Isacord thread that I picked up in Asheville on it.  Not once did the thread break or fray on this!!!  I will be using Isacord for free motion quilting from now on.  Here's a close up view of the quilting.  The feather effect is done with the stacked  teardrop.  For the border I used the same feathers and a large "mitosis" pattern in the corner.

I worked on the pastel signature quilt top for our guild President too this week.  It went together so quickly.  I was a little worried when I first started it because of all the pastel fabrics.  I was afraid it would be very washed out and  boring.  Wrong!   It is delightful and fresh.  I will get it pressed today and add an inner border strip of the medium tones that are leftover.  I have 4 fat quarters of very light batiks that were donated that I think I will use as the outer border.   That combination should make the center area float...I hope. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...