Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Never ending list of projects

I'm a list maker and have been since just after college.  I get great satisfaction in crossing things off my list---done, and completed!  That carries over to my quilts in progress....only it is never ending.  No sooner do I finish one--and get to cross it off--and I realize I have started a project that is not on the list.  Crossing off the jewel box scrap quilt, I saw that the blooming 9 patch (which is cut) is not on the list, and neither is the Alaska quilt (and there are 5 blocks done for it).  Oh, and then there is the french roses lap quilt that is my night time project---not on the list either. 
  Maybe I just need to look at it a different way......I don't have too many projects, rather I am inspired by a lot of things, events, and places!   Sounds better to me.  Inspiration hit again this morning over the first cup of coffee.  I was just sitting and staring at  Scrappy Mountains on the quilt rack....light bulb moment.  Use the delectable mountain block pieced into the AK quilt.  Hmmm....now I have a couple more ideas to incorporate. 
Here's the jewel box quilt.....I love the black background and how everything just pops because of it.
Off to the sewing room....happy stitching.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Love how the black makes the other colors pop.

Inspiration is a good thing :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...