Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A few rows of Cobblestones


  Four rows sewn and one more is ready to add.  Can you tell I am still practicing with the camera? Russ got out the tripod for me and gave me instructions for setting it up. I was just so tired of taking fuzzy pictures!

 While I had the tripod set up, I took a few shots of the design wall.   I re-arranged a couple of rows--vertical rows-- so that the sizes were mixed up.  My blocks are cut either 5 1/2", 6", or 6 1/2" wide.  The length varies for each one....that's why they don't quite line up AND I don't have to worry with matching seam lines.
                                                                                                            











This is a close up of the bottom edge....see the next one to be added is about  one inch short?  No problem, I'll just add a strip to make it fit.
See the bottom of row 1 and row 3....they have  an extra  strip added.
I think of it as a fudge factor.  Add it to the top or insert a strip in the middle of the blocks to make it fit.   Just like wedging in an extra stone in the walkway of cobblestones to get a tight fit!
   Forgive my attempt at humor.....I typed fudge, thought of chocolate, and feel a craving coming on. 
Happy stitching.

3 comments:

  1. One of these days I'll accumulate enough batik scraps to try a cobblestone quilt. Your colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes, the old tripod; what a great tool!

    I still love the colours in your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your scrap quilt. You have a lot of beautiful batiks. Looks like the tripod worked out well for you.

    ReplyDelete

Love questions and comments! No reply bloggers....if you have something to say, please include email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...