Friday, July 29, 2011

Make it flat



Stitching 4 patch units.  Pressing 4 patch units.....finally done with all the separate units for the florabunda blocks.  Now to complete the blocks.
  I loved Bonnie's instructions for making the center spiral and lie flat.  Now that I understand, my centers will always be flat!  That's a good thing.  No reason for me to try to duplicate so....  Click here to read and see her tip.
   Now I understand, it's the last seam I sew to join the pairs that I give a twist to.  And presto...I have a teeny 4 patch at the center. 
  How did I get to be this old and never get it before?  ;) 
  And  the rest of the units for the florabunda blocks....enough for about 30 blocks or so. 
These will be my night time sewing for the rest of the summer!
  Happy stitching.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Thanks for the link to flatter seams; I'm still a newbie so every tip helps!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...