Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A few rows of Cobblestones


  Four rows sewn and one more is ready to add.  Can you tell I am still practicing with the camera? Russ got out the tripod for me and gave me instructions for setting it up. I was just so tired of taking fuzzy pictures!

 While I had the tripod set up, I took a few shots of the design wall.   I re-arranged a couple of rows--vertical rows-- so that the sizes were mixed up.  My blocks are cut either 5 1/2", 6", or 6 1/2" wide.  The length varies for each one....that's why they don't quite line up AND I don't have to worry with matching seam lines.
                                                                                                            











This is a close up of the bottom edge....see the next one to be added is about  one inch short?  No problem, I'll just add a strip to make it fit.
See the bottom of row 1 and row 3....they have  an extra  strip added.
I think of it as a fudge factor.  Add it to the top or insert a strip in the middle of the blocks to make it fit.   Just like wedging in an extra stone in the walkway of cobblestones to get a tight fit!
   Forgive my attempt at humor.....I typed fudge, thought of chocolate, and feel a craving coming on. 
Happy stitching.

3 comments:

Mary said...

One of these days I'll accumulate enough batik scraps to try a cobblestone quilt. Your colors are wonderful.

Lynne said...

Ah, yes, the old tripod; what a great tool!

I still love the colours in your quilt.

LuAnn said...

I love your scrap quilt. You have a lot of beautiful batiks. Looks like the tripod worked out well for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...