Tuesday, July 5, 2011

What's on the design wall now?

  
 Nature abhors a vacuum, just like I can't abide an empty design wall!  Yes, the yellow and floral blocks will get there eventually, but for now they are just strips and  4 patch units.  I have the triangles to cut before I get the blocks rolling.
  So out came the box of batik cobblestonesinspired by Wanda's creations, that I have been working on---off and on--for about a year.  She did a series of small quilts using her cobblestone blocks and also strips.  I was fascinated by them and started on a box of batik scraps I had.  I was surprised at how many I had put together from left over pieces from projects.    Batiks always amaze me because no matter what you put in the mix, they just seem to work well together. 
  Anyway, I am just moving them around and trying to balance out the colors and values for now.  This throw will  probably end up about 45" by 60"!   A nice size from just scraps.  That's a great serendipity.
Happy stitching. 

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Wow, that is gorgeous!! It makes me want to start another one, lol!! I have been tossing around the idea of making the blocks larger, like 8"-10" and making a bed quilt.

Lynne said...

Looking fabulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...