Friday, February 3, 2012

A new addition

  I love pen and ink style art work.  The one on the left was done by my daughter of the window in the cottage where her Grandfather grew up in Philadelphia.  The top one is of  The Chapel on the Hill at Copper Center, Alaska where my husband's parents were first stationed.  The tree is a winter view of an oak---it is actually a photograph---that we bought on a trip to Virginia.  And the newest addition arrived yesterday.  Here is it's story....
   Last month I read a blog post on The Quilt Rat  about a project Jill was collecting items for, including a thrift store wool coat , threads, and beads.  I was intrigued with her re-cycling idea and offered Jill some antique silk threads that I have had stored away for years.  And that began a series of emails and a trade.
  So what did I want in exchange?  A zentangle from her hand.  Do  click over and see her collection.


    I think it is exquisite!  So perfect for me as the cardinal is my chosen symbol of hope.  I love that she chose to include the swirled branch, as well as the other swirls, which is my favorite motif for free motion quilting.  I just can't stop looking at it and admiring the detail.    Thank you, Jill.  
Happy stitching.

10 comments:

Janet O. said...

Just beautiful!

Terri said...

Love it! Those are the most interesting feathers I have ever seen! Good for you, you have a real piece of art there.
Hugs!!!

Anonymous said...

so beautiful.xx

Mary said...

Your entire collection is beautiful. Isn't it wonderful the way blogging can connect us with others!

Lynne said...

What a wonderful thing the internet is - new friends in just a few key strokes!

That cardinal is definitely you!

Nicki said...

My first comment did not make it to you so I will try again. You are surrounded by wonderful pieces of art that will give you a lifetime of memories. They are all so very, very beautiful

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

I enjoyed reading your post on your lovely black and white display. The zentangle cardinal is a marvelous gift! Lucky you! I also had fun looking at your phenomenal water color quilts - WOW! Anyways, I want to tell you Thank You! for becoming a follower of my blog and for commenting on my feathered plumes. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Quilt Rat said...

Hope you were surprised when the package arrived....so glad you like it!
I know I will thoroughly enjoy every moment spent stitching with those threads.
Thank you

Kim said...

I'm lucky enough to have won a piece from Jill in the form of a quilted postcard with stitching and ink work on it. Gorgeous!
Enjoy your piece.

Chell said...

How special....that new and old friends are able to share...what an awesome gift!! Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...