Thursday, February 23, 2012

This blog thing...

 I began this blog thing a few years ago as a personal journal of sorts to keep track of my quilting progress and other things I enjoy.  I have  discovered a lot about myself and most of all found a focus in what I do.  Along the way I have  connected with a lot of quilting bloggers and found some kindred spirits.
  Terri at Quiltncards  is one of those.  Terri created and donated a doll quilt---the red cardinal one---for the Get Your Mrs. Claus On project.  Instant connection.   She passed along this blog award to me yesterday.
This award is given to favorite blogs with under 200 followers.
 The Liebster Rules are:
1. Post about your win on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who presented you with the award.
3. Copy and paste the award to your blog.
4. Present the Liebster Award to 5 blogs that have less than 200 followers that 
you think deserve  to be recognized.
5. Let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
 So I am sharing the first 5  blogs that came up on my list of Mrs. Claus supporters.  
 Each of these quilters donated doll quilts to the project,
 and I appreciate each one. 
1.  Bea at A Needle in the Hay stack  is such a delight to follow.
She is in France, does wonderful  little quilts.
2.  Freda at Imperamagna  has been a wonderful  encouragement to me.
 The universe needs  more  people like her.   She is currently hosting a
 Jacob's Ladder  QAL,  and she has the cutest  grandson,
 Henry, who wears a red scarf like Harry Potter.
3.  Janet at The Rogue Quilter  has a great blog that is fun to read.  
She is a prolific quilter, and also makes soap.
4.  Dana at Stormy Days  is an animal lover and  has the greatest photos.  
 I always enjoy her take on things.
5.  Mary at Hill Country Quilter  always has several projects
 going and shares  her progress and ideas.  
I hope you will visit each of these great blogs.  
Exactly what is up with blogger.....the editing buttons are
 making a mess of this post.  
Do you think they forgot to take their meds, 
or maybe too many?
Anyway, off to the kitchen.  I am baking for 
 I am baking for the production 
crew at church and making bread.   
Happy stitching.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Congratulations to you on earning the award.

Thanks for the link to new blogs - not that I really need ot follow anymore. I am already a follower of Freda's blog.

This post came up four times in my Blogger Reader - what is it with Blogger these days?

Terri said...

I had trouble with the copy and redo on my blog for this award, too, so don't feel badly.

Love your favs. It's always interesting to see new ones.

I'm interested in that bread... what kind? Is it an easy recipe?

Hugs to you and yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...