Thursday, February 9, 2012

Progress

   Lots of new little quilts have been posted to Get Your Mrs. Claus On Flickr group album.  Check them out and enjoy the variety.   Nicki has been great about sending me photos as she receives the quilts from the group at the HGTV board.  She has it so organized and makes it all look so easy.  A super big thank you to her and all the Mrs. Clauses who are helping make this year so great.  

   I got the rows sewn on the water color, but it looks very muddy to me.....the border just blends too much.  So I tried a bit of cording  to create a separation, but it was not distinct enough.  Right now I am debating on using the narrow strip of black bias.  The photo below just has the bias pinned to it.


 
    I will live with this one  on the design wall  for a few days to be sure I like it before finishing it up.
Happy stitching.
  

8 comments:

Janet O. said...

I love what the strip of black bias adds to this quilt.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like the border to be subtle, a suggestion of a border without it screaming 'frame'.

Juanita said...

I like it without the border.

The Nifty Stitcher said...

Debbie, that is just fabulous!!! I like it without the border, it gives it a softer look. How ever you do it, it is a beautiful piece of work!

Dana Gaffney said...

I like the strip of bias, it definitely stops the bleed. It also changes the whole feel of the quilt, you do lose some of the softness, but it looks good.

Deana Hunt said...

Hey Mom -
I like it without the bias - I think it's more you!
you know I normally like graphic black lines ;) but i think the bias to too harsh... just my 2cents....

barbara woods said...

love that its beautiful

Cheryl said...

I Love both of them but the one without does look softer.
You do wonderful work !
I also love the machine quilting feather work ! Great job !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...