Saturday, April 6, 2013

Whimsical garden is a top

    The borders are added to the guild challenge quilt.  Follow the stepping stones of the borders to see what is hidden in the garden....or at least that is my interpretation.   But before I pin it for quilting, I want to add more flower appliques.
   So that is one goal for the month met, almost.  And that means I can play with the new fabrics and begin to cut!


SewCalGal posted a new installment for Free Motion Quilting.  
  The tutorial is by Joanne of Thread Head and she is challenging us with more feathers.  I love her comment .....  "Just like signatures, we all develop our own style of free motion quilted feathers. This tutorial is to make you look at different styles of feathers, to figure out what you like and then try quilting some feathers to work on your own unique style."
   Exactly my feelings!  So I am adding this challenge to my list for April.

String Attack is going on at Stitched in Color with a series of tutorials on string piecing.  She is fueling my appetite for a string quilt.  If you need inspiration, check it out.
Happy stitching.

7 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

For something designed around and 'ugly' fabric, this is just gorgeous! I saw the FMQ and may play with it. And I think my in-progress string log cabins blocks are going to be added to the string play.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Sharon is so right.....Gorgeous!

Terri said...

Amazing. It's gorgeous! Thanks for sharing it.
Hugs

Impera Magna said...

How lovely! Congratulations on your (almost) finish! It's going to be a beautiful quilt!

Angie said...

Oh this quilt is just soooo pretty!! I may have to be a copycat someday and make something like this. :)

Lynne said...

Not ready to give my mind to EMQ yet, especially not feathers, but I do thank you for the link to the string tutorials.

Dana Gaffney said...

Isn't that the ugly fabric challenge? You'd never know it, beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...