Monday, December 19, 2016

Be Legendary!

   It has been  a few months since I uncovered Hot Legs.  She needed some oiling and dusting off.....and I needed some practice.   I am suppose to begin teaching FMQ again in a couple of months, so it was time to test the muscle memory and control.  My focus banner was small enough to handle for this, and if the stitches were not perfect, I could live with it.









   I decided I could just fill this banner up....almost doodle the space and get some practice in.  I never like doing pebbling/circles very much but thought it was a good fill for the space.    Then I branched out to some swirls and stacked  tear drops.  The muscle memory was there, I just had to work on controlling my speed.      And before I knew, the banner for 2017 was done.




  For 2017,  I  chose "Be Legendary"  as my focus.  It's my reminder to look for an opportunity to blaze a trail, make a mark, to lift others up.  I want to laugh a lot, love deeply, and live well the life I have.  To be legendary is to be the best me I can.   Perfection is not required, only  to enjoy trying.   I think that shows in this one:)

  My camera died....so no extra photos.   Guess we have to go shopping for a new one.  It's hard to blog without photos.






     Anyway, my latest health update.....I am doing weekly shots for a few weeks, and then to a shot every 2 weeks.  My body is just using up the B-12 so quickly......healing and daily maintenance.   We will try this for a few months and then everything gets rechecked.    And the hand incisions are healing nicely....just itchy, which is a good sign.

    Since Hot Legs is juiced up, I plan on getting a bit of quilting done this week....probably on the Therapy Quilt of circles at least.  And filling out my Project plan list for 2017.   This should be a quiet week, just some rest and relaxation.  Merry Christmas all and happy stitching.

22 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

So glad you are doing well with healing! Hang in there, and don't overdo too quickly. Your banner quilting is wonderful.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice wall hanging. I'll be straight line quilting soon, but, I'll hold off on trying free motion, till after my elbow heals.

Janet O. said...

I love the theme for the new year!!
Beautiful job on the quilting. Must feel good to spend quality time with Hot Legs again.
My camera died on Thanksgiving Day. So it is a camera for Christmas again (it was two years ago that I got this camera for Christmas). I'd had something else in mind, but I need the camera more--I guess. : )

Vroomans' Quilts said...

So happy to hear the healing process on all fronts is going well. Your banner is wonderful - you are legendary!

Linda Swanekamp said...

It is so amazing how far you have come. It is stunning. You must have been so thrilled to do the FMQ. Congratulation! You deserve a new camera!

Mary said...

What a great banner for 2017. I think you already do a great job of lifting people up. Both your determination and art are inspirational. Enjoy your week!

Jasmine said...

So nice to see you quilting and finishing something.

Mystic Quilter said...

Beautiful quilting, pleased the muscle memory and hands are working together again!

Ray and Jeanne said...

The quilting looks great! And I love your focus for 2017. My dad always told me to do and be my best and life would be good. It is wonderful to hear you are quilting - wonderful progress! ~Jeanne

Béa said...

Merry Christmas dear Debbie XXX

Dana Gaffney said...

Perfect! I love the Be Legendary, such a great way to look at the new year. The FMQ looks like you never took a break, it's beautiful. It makes me happy to know we'll be seeing your beautiful feathers again.

Sylvia Anderson said...

You've had quite a year Debbie, and I will pray and hope for a much improved and healthier 2017 for you and yours. Isn't muscle memory wonderful,,,,,just like you never took that long break from Hot Legs. God Bless you all and a very Merry Christmas.

Gene Black said...

I really like this bit "To be legendary is to be the best me I can. Perfection is not required, only to enjoy trying. "
So many people could do so much more if they weren't obsessed with perfection or afraid of failure. I always consider things that don't work not as failure but rather as learning what not to do next time.
Personally, I love pebbling on a small area, but it gets tedious if I have to do it for too long.

About the camera: Have you tried using your cellphone as a camera? I was amazed on my trip to Mexico when I discovered that my cellphone took better pictures than my camera. Plus, I could send the photos to myself by email, adding them to Google Drive or several other ways. I was even able to pull them straight into blogger from the phone.
It is worth checking before you spend money on a new camera.

Louise said...

Be Legendary...I love it! What an uplifting and encouraging banner. I think it's wonderful that you've set your sights on laughing, loving and living well. You're a good egg, Debbie :)

I hope 2017 is your best year yet!

MissPat said...

Wonderful banner. Wonderful choice for 2017 focus. And your quilting looks like you never had a break. I've been dithering over the quilting for a Christmas table topper and finally decided I just had to do something simple instead of the inticate motif I wanted to try. Done is better than perfect, right? Have a Merry Christmas.

Lara B. said...

What you have to say about "Being Legendary" is wonderful Debbie! Words for us all to live by!
So glad you didn't lose you muscle memory and that your quilting mojo has come bouncing back. The banner is fabulous!

Cynthia's Creating Ark said...

Well done on your banner. It will remind you all year long to be legendary. Which I am sure you are.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I'm inspired by your purpose behind choosing Legendary for your 2017 focus! So happy to hear your healing is going well. Merry Christmas to you as well.

Nicki said...

Your banner is beautiful! It doesn't look like you've lost any of your fantastic skills. So glad the hands are healing & they are trying new methods for the B12 issue. Merry Christmas to you & your family.

52KID said...

Excellent focus for next year. I just want to let you know that you are already legendary and to wish you a wonderful Christmas and a much improved New Year.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Oh my--the quilting looks just beautiful!! (I probably shouldn't catch back up on posts by going backwards!) Glad you got your banner done. (Guess I need to get started on mine!)

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Thanks for rejuvenating this one at Tuesday Archives this week Deb. It's perfect for our theme this week!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...