For December the word is Recovery! My time to heal, reflect, and renew.
I don't plan to start anything new, and probably won't complete things waiting in the wings.
- I have 3 projects pinned and waiting their time under the needle---soon I hope as Hot Legs has been idle too long.
- I have 2 things that need to be basted and prepped for FMQ---pineapple blossoms and a watercolor banner.
- Wild Geese (or maybe Night Flight) are joined into strips and need sashing up, and a small border added.
- Floral 9 patch blocks are in the sewing stage. I need more strips cut, but must wait for some healing to the hands. Applique for the alternating squares can be planned but not able to cut things out yet.
We finished the re-do on the pantry closet, and then went thru carpel tunnel surgery on both wrists. So December will be a quiet time of healing and recovery.
- I did not make labels for the projects awaiting quilting, so that is something I will do this month. If the labels are done already, it will give me a push in January to finish things.
- Plan appliques for the 9 patch floral----I haven't shown this one yet:)
- Make plans for January finishes.
- Recover and enjoy the season.
Report on the bandage removal: The hands are now clean and those stinky bandages and wraps removed. Incisions are covered with Tegaderm and they look good. I won't show photos as my hands are purple, quite bruised.
I am to use fingers as much as possible, just no pulling, lifting, or tugging on anything. So I can type, and sew.....no rotary cutting though. Cooking is still off limits too. Two weeks of being cautious/careful. The good news....the very good news is that there is a very slight improvement in the sensation or feeling in the right hand! Not so much on the left but I can be happy and rejoice in any improvement!
And that's a wrap for November....lol. December should be a breeze.