Thursday, February 16, 2017

Soft package

  I have forgotten to share a photo of my win from Connie at Freemotion by the River.  Fabrics, lots of batik fabrics...... lots of beautiful batik fabrics came in the mail last week, and a surprise pattern.  Connie enclosed her Hopscotch pattern, which will be a great scrap busting project.    Let me give an endorsement for her patterns.....beautiful with good photos, and lots of details.  So be sure to drop by and pay her a visit to check the pattern tab out as well as her tutorials.


  I finished off Connie's Christmas Pinwheels ---in blue --- last week.  Guess I am a little late for the season, but it will probably go into the gift stack for next year.  I had several things to bind, and some string blocks to work on.  Since the internet was out, an afternoon was free to me.
 








    I wanted some company as I stitched......I watched several episodes on our recorded list.    Enter my latest heroine.....  Miss Fisher of Miss Fisher  Murder Mysteries.  This is an Australian production, and I am hooked on it.  Found on our local PBS stations on the weekend.
    Phryne Fisher  is a gutsy flapper with a heart of gold to match her gun.    Her outfits are amazing to see and she carries them off well.  Great characters and  a period story line make me happy.  Of course, Dr. Blake runs a close second, but that's another story.  
  Happy stitching.  

13 comments:

Dana Gaffney said...

That's a beautiful win, Connie's quilts are always gorgeous. Thanks for the tip for the show, I'll see if I can find it.

Linda Swanekamp said...

What is not to feel great about winning fabric? Especially gorgeous fabric.

Ray and Jeanne said...

Winning is always fun and the batiks are gorgeous! Keep us posted on how you use them. ~Jeanne

Gene Black said...

I second your endorsement on Connie's patterns. I won some and they seem to be very well written.

Janet O. said...

Looks like a lovely bundle in the mail! I can see that quilt pattern made up in those batiks, or your pretty florals.
Christmas Pinwheels looks great.
I caught an episode of Miss Fisher recently. Very well done. My recent PBS favorite is Death In Paradise.

Andrea said...

Oh soft squishy packages are so much fun!!! And I'm a batik lover. You'll have fun with those. I love the Doctor Blake series too! Keep seeing the Miss fisher ads so will have to DVR it asap. I mostly listen to novels. Just finished The Orphan Train and Cold Sassy Tree (an absolute treasure of a book) and Patty Janes Jouse of Curl. Who doesn't love ❤️ A well written mystery or interesting characters while creating??

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I've been watching Quantum Leap in my sewing room. No cable, and no internet in there, only a DVD and VCR player. I listen to audio books when I machine quilt.

MissPat said...

Connie's blog is one of my favorites. She has so many great tutorials, clearly written. Can't wait to see how you use the batiks.
Pat

Gloria said...

The Miss Phryne Fisher books are even better than the TV Series in my opinion.

Andrea said...

Death in Paradise is excellent!!!

Quilting Babcia said...

Great fabrics - you'll have fun working with these. I love Connie's blog, her designs are always so do-able and she does a great tutorial.

Mary said...

I love the way your Christmas pinwheels turned out. ...and all those lovely batiks!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Thanks so much for the shout-out Debbie! I can't wait to see what you create with those neat batiks and I'm so glad you like my patterns!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...