Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Now on the design wall

  The design wall was empty, and I can't stand that blank space staring at me.  So I put up a few of the rail fence blocks I have been building.   Once again the floral strips are being used.  Four of the 2'' strips make up these units.  At least one dark, a couple of mediums prints, and one light  used to create a blended effect.  Then they just zig zag across and down.   Once I sort and pin each batch, the sewing is mindless and perfect to do while watching a movie.

  The sorting, purging and such is still continuing a little each day.  I have emptied 6 different leftover project boxes that just got put back on the shelf.  So a benefit is I am creating space, as well as finding useful leftovers.  Of course, I probably won't have any problem filling it back up.

No automatic alt text available.
 And then I saw this on FB from Mary Jo's----a mecca of a fabric store in Gaffney.   That's me.  I have promised, tried, avowed this very thing.  And then I laughed at myself and went shopping for one more piece of fabric.
  I haven't tackled the fabric stash closet yet......tomorrow maybe.  Ha!
Enjoy your day....happy stitching.

12 comments:

Janet O. said...

A pretty sight on your design wall, Debbie--much better than empty!
Love the poster! Isn't that the truth!!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Umm, I just came back from Joanns. I bought some Kona solids on sale for those Sujata free form blocks. Guilty. I just love the rail fence blocks. I have to quilt 2 comfort quilt requests, so I can't do any piecing today or design wall stuff.

Quilting Babcia said...

Such simple blocks but so effective a quilt they can make! I've made that same promise to myself, only to be broken once or twice a year, if I'm lucky ...

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I wish I had room for a design wall in my sewing room. I have 2 movable foam boards, but, they lean against the guest bedroom door, and I usually can't get to them (everything seems to find it's way into the guest bedroom).

Nicki said...

I really like those zig zag florals on your design wall. Very Pretty. Sounds like your purging is going well.

Gene Black said...

The rail fence looks good.
I am not going to mention my FAD (fabric acquisition disorder.)

Dana Gaffney said...

Beautiful! I have no room for a design wall which would explain my turned blocks which show up so often. I love the poster.

Mary said...

The quote from Mary Jo's certainly applies to me as well. I'm rather afraid to tackle my stash closet. I think it might be dangerous.

Diamon Naturals said...

I love your watercolor quilts, Debbie... you are a constant inspiration for me!

Debbie said...

Thank you....you made my day!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Beautiful! Amazing how such a simple block can look so wonderful!

Mystic Quilter said...

Stunning watercolour quilt, I've never seen one made before using Rail Fence, it's just a delight.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...