Saturday, July 22, 2017

Where did all this come from?

  Fabric...more fabric!  I spent the day re-organizing my floral fabric stash.....it was spilling off the shelves and onto the floor.  It was time to get things back in order.   And it seemed like a good time to cut some large squares --8 1/2''--  for a future Scrappy Mountains quilt.  So as I sorted thru pieces, I also cut.
   I rolled longer pieces onto form core boards, folded pieces 1/2 yard or less, and small pieces got cut into strips.  After 5 hours I had conquered one and a half shelves.......2 more to do.    I am going to be this a while it seems.


   And then.......Sir Old Man brought in the mail.  Only one thing in the mail box and it contained-------fabric!
 I ran across the Quilted Twins on FB recently.  So naturally, I visited to see what they had to offer!  Beautiful floral fabrics were scattered all throughout their offering.   Yardage for about $4, and shorter pieces for even less.....just too good to pass by.





But wait there is more!  Fabrics I would describe as "vintage floral fabrics"  grabbed my sight.  I spied the navy calico type print, and that sealed the deal.  I recently use up the last of this piece for the last class.  It is a great dark fabric  for watercolor quilts, and there was a yard and a quarter for less than $4.

    So it is 5 am and I am brewing coffee and getting set to sort more fabrics......The heat is expected to be 100+ degrees.  Air quality is poor today, so we are advised to stay indoors if possible.  That won't be a problem.
I may not win, but boy, do I have fabric:)
Happy stitching.

11 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

That's a hot day! I like the old fashioned look of your new fabric , I'll be looking out for them in future quilts!

Gene Black said...

I need to do some sorting also. The Quilting Twins site looks "dangerous" to my wallet.

Dana Gaffney said...

Thanks for introducing me to the Quilted Twins or maybe not :) They have a lot of older fabrics that I have on my shelves and great prices. Every time I start cleaning up my fabrics I end up finding something that distracts me, the good thing is I use up fabric and make a quilt.

Ray and Jeanne said...

I think it might be more fun to play with your new fabric than to continue sorting! Stay cool. ~Jeanne

Linda Swanekamp said...

I love how you can see that floral fabric and know that it works all cut up. I guess I just need to practice cutting up more fabric. All of your sorting will pay off because your memory will be refreshed as to what you have and everything will look terrific in your sewing area.

Quilting Babcia said...

You've done it again - introduced us to another fabulous site, I've been looking through their offerings for the last half hour! Some sweet deals to be found there, and I recognize some of the older fabrics in my own stash. It's another hot muggy day here too, with T-storms on the way, a good day to clear the desk and then hopefully some time for quilting.

Lindafromnm said...

Thanks Debbie for telling us about Quilted Twins. I just purchased some "gems" from them and will add to my ever expanding stash. I do a lot of quilts for Project Linus so the small pieces of fabric I have always seem to get used.

Mary said...

I've been delving into my treasure trove of lovely scraps. They are the hardest ones to organize neatly. That's a good project for a hot weekend.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

100 degrees here also--inside jobs for me also. I think fabric is like rabbits and multiples

Lynette said...

Nice florals :D Sorry about that heat - yuck!

Diane said...

This made me grin. Nothing like happy mail!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...