Thursday, February 21, 2019

Scrappy Rails info update

  Just a quick update to the idea I shared yesterday about what I am calling the  Scrappy Rail Fence block and design.  We all know there is little under the sun that is new, and so it proved to be with this idea. 
  Within a few hours of posting Linda at Art in Search blog, sent me a link to info on this.    She had a file from It's a Stitch Quilt Guild from 2016.  They have a challenge each year for their show and provide a pattern sheet called a "Seed Packet" pattern. 
   Click here for the link to the pdf called Cabin Steps.    Scroll down the page to the listing for 2016.  You can then save or print out the pattern.    The only difference I noted is that they used a square for the light rail fence units. 
So now you have options.....buy magazine and pattern, or print the PDF.

  Many thanks to Linda for her sharp eyes to catch  the similar design.  And be sure to check out some of the other patterns provided on the guild's website.  Great to have those PDFs handy.
Happy stitching. 

9 comments:

Calicojoan said...

Thanks...there are some fun patterns there.

Ray and Jeanne said...


Thank you Debbie. Seeing the one with full squares just set off a bunch of ideas in my head. Great inspiration on a sunny day! ~Jeanne

Linda Swanekamp said...

It is nice to know I am good at something. I discovered I have a 2 x 3 1/2" die, so scraps, look out.

---"Love" said...

Thanks for the link. I really like what yours is looking like; may have to try it someday. ---"Love"

Quilting Babcia said...

So true, there is nothing new under the sun. I just have to laugh at some of the new copyrighted "designs" that are merely a rehash of quilt patterns from previous centuries. Thanks for sharing this updated info. Looks like a fun scrap quilt.

Janet O. said...

Thanks, Debbie. Great to have a link to this resource!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Ha! The wonder of the Internet. Usually I can visualize these things but I admit I didn't till I saw what they did with it--an "Oohh" moment!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

It was new to you, so I think it counts. No, there may not be a totally new block anymore, but there are new ways of making it, using precuts for example, or new ideas for colorations, combining strips and squares in a different way to update an old idea. It is impossible for anyone to know everything that has gone before. In my eyes, you get credit for your idea.

Mystic Quilter said...

Thanks for passing on the link Debbie.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...