Monday, March 28, 2011

Catching up...

    I lost a few days last week....so much going on.  Our trip to Charlotte was great, and the furniture was delivered safely.  Two treats for me, at least.....a quick trip to Mary Jo's, quilter's  paradise here in the Carolinas, and lunch at Big Ben!   It's a quaint British Pub in a warehouse and we really enjoyed the Scottish Meat Pies and the desserts.  Yum, yum. 
Projects that are on going:   I am down to the last with the quilting on the big quilt for Justin.  One more session and I should have it done.  Then to get the points attached. 

    The Drunkard's Path Jacket-----I forgot I had signed up for this class at Learning Fiber Arts group.  But there are several good techniques involved and I really want to do it, even if I hate doing circles and curves.  So far all I have managed to get done is the drafting of the block and making the freezer paper templates.  And of course picking out the fabrics.....and to top it all off, this morning I got an email from Michele at Quilting Gallery that I won a $25 gift certificate for fabric from Patchwork Gracie.  Yahoo....I can order some batiks for the jacket.

    The blended floral quilt is still hanging around on the design wall.  I don't know when I will get back to it.  I still need about 20 more blocks for it.  Maybe next week?

 Then this week's journal quilt.  This is a quickie, inspired by a scrap of toile fabric.  I love the colors in it, the blues and tans.   I just did a hunt thru the  scraps to find fabrics that  were subtle and matched the toile print.  No rocket science here, and I actually like this one alot.  Must be the color combination.

  Got to run show the house....happy stitching.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...