Thursday, July 30, 2015

Let's Book It / July



  Time to report in for the Let's Book It Project.  Needless to say, I got distracted this month and did not get finished on my quick and simple project.  I decided to make a table runner from the Minnesota Hot Dish pattern.  Easy enough.  Yet my brain fog set in, and  my math skills disappeared, which lead to being short on the required cut pieces.  This lead to the detour of developing a Project Cutting List.   Rough month, right?
 
   From a great little booklet on Minnesota Hot Dish styles......you can create 2 different looks from the placement of your fabrics.

  



  One version creates a pinwheel effect, and the second develops into a chain.  Guess you know which one I like.   I chose fabrics from the scrap pile in an assortment of blue, purple, and green tones.



  My runner of three large units got pieced--finally--and pinned.  Thankfully, finishing is not required for the Let's Book It project!  Sharon is just enabling us to begin something from our stash of patterns/books/want to dos.  It's a great way to experiment with some new ideas.

  Quilting on this one will happen in August. Did I really say August.....already?
I may not get much else done as there are a couple of family visits and a trip on the schedule.    A few small projects will probably get thrown in again.
Happy stitching.

4 comments:

Mary said...

You did a great job on this. I'll be interested to see how you quilt it.

Janet O. said...

A fun design! Will you be working your magic feathers into the quilting somehow?

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What a fun design to play with. No, a finish isn't required - life happens first. Sure they will get a proper finish. I know - AUGUST!

Dana Gaffney said...

I'm so glad you picked the chain, the other's nice but the chain is much more interesting :) So, where are you going?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...