Friday, September 30, 2016

Friday Finds

Guess you know I must be better if I am sharing some Friday Finds.  Big grin here.  I spotted a few things in the past 2 weeks to share.


Undercover Maker Mat free pattern | lillyella stitchery  Undercover Maker Mat .....a cover for your machine that turns into a mat with wonderful pockets.  It is from lillyella blog and she provides a free PDF with all the details.   Who doesn't need a way to keep notions handy?    Maybe I will try this for my Featherweight....








  From Elizabeths Quilt Projects.  A seasonal mug rug, or make it bigger and do a table runner too.   I loved the colors she used as well as the acorns with the leaves.  Check your scrap bin.  October arrives tomorrow.







DUBLIN  54x68:


  I had played around with  the block to make this quilt...see my post here.  A reader sent me this information.   It is a published pattern from Villa Rosa Designs , called Dublin.  Great name for a cute design.  My thanks to the reader who sent the link and information.










For some free motion lessons, and ideas, check out this youtube channel for whirlsandswirlsquilting.     Nicki sent me this link for inspiration.  Most of the videos are 2-4 minutes and just packed with fun motifs to try.  Grab a sketchbook and watch a few.
Thanks, Nicki, I needed some sketching practice time.


  As always please visit the original site for pinning and details. I am just passing on some finds.  See you next week....happy stitching.  

12 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

Hooray for you! I've missed seeing your Friday Finds, they're always a source of inspiration and more quilting fun.

Ray and Jeanne said...

Happy to "see" your big grin! Thanks for the Friday Finds. At one time I was going to make Dublin. Of course I didn't know the name; I had just seen it on Pinterest. Evidently you did too! Now I'm on my way to youtube to see the free-motion lessons. ~Jeanne

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great to read that you are feeling better! Thanks for the links- especially yours to the split rail patch quilt- love it as I have a lot of leader enders sewn.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I've made quite a few mats for my different sewing machines. I haven't used them as covers. I use them when I take machines to sew-ins. I always know where my notions are, since they were folded up, in the pockets of the mats. Super easy to make. I have them in several sizes (since my machines come in several sizes).

Gene Black said...

Thanks for sharing!!! I love the maker mat idea. I downloaded the pdf for later.

Barbara said...

Glad you're feeling better. I'm pretty good with hooks a such for keeping my notions handy, but the mat would be great for when we're RVing and I want to sew. I love whirls and swirls quilting...I watch her videos all the time for inspiration.

Laura said...

So glad to see you feeling well enough to be back in the quilting world! Thanks for sharing, and keep on feeling better and better!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Have often thought about making a mat with pockets but never thought to make it the cover as well. Smart!

Janet O. said...

So happy to see you are feeling good enough to post some finds! You always find such good things. I am off to pin a couple of these--at the original source, of course! : )

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Yes, happy to hear you are feeling better. Some lovely finds and thank you for sharing.

Nicki said...

It's good to see Friday Finds again. Thanks for the link for the Undercover Maker Mat. That's a really neat idea. Fall is in the air so I bet we will be seeing lots more "fall" items to keep us busy. Glad you are enjoying the link for the FM motifs. Take care!

Mary said...

Thanks for sharing these great resources!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...