Saturday, September 17, 2016

Gift fabric and a block

  I have been so up and down this summer.......and right now I am up, up up!  I saw the doctor yesterday and the 5 days of  shots of B-12 have helped for sure.  And my D3 has improved a lot.  This morning I felt so much better and even went to the Fresh Market with Sir Old Man.  Thank you all for the prayers and thoughts and extra encouragement.  We hope I have turned the corner.


Schedule  A little encouragement goes a long way for me.  A packet of fabric arrived in the mail from  Cheree of the Morning Latte.   She was passing along a won bundle that she thought suited me a lot.  Lol....State Birds fabrics with lots of floral backgrounds....yep, more my style than hers.  I will turn a few of these into circles and use part for the border on the small circle wall hanging.  Thank you, Cheree for giving me a push and some motivation to return to the sewing room.   Bloggers and quilting friends are the best!


I did say sewing room......after reading Bonnie Hunter's post on her Pineapple Blossom workshop, I decided to make a test block.   I cut some lengths according to her directions----found here---from 2'' scraps and found enough 3 1/2'' squares.  Tada.....I can still follow directions.


  I also did the bonus triangles and set them aside to accumulate into something.  
I have boxes of floral strips that will probably work for this.  I just need to cut some corner squares.   I had a very nice, enjoyable afternoon.  And I was stitching.  Thanks everyone for the encouragement.
Happy stitching.

21 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Great news and positive thoughts for even more improvement next week!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Yea for sewing! It usually makes us feel better.

Quilting Babcia said...

Such great news after your last post. I'm so happy for your progress and especially your upbeat attitude. Everything is looking up!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Glad you got some sewing in today, and so happy you like the fabric!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

So happy to hear that the shots are working for you. A trip out and sewing, yeah!!! Look at that happy fabric from Cheree, that is a motivator.

Mystic Quilter said...

Great news!!! Both that the shots seem to be working and you've been busy in the sewing room.

Mary said...

So glad to hear you're feeling better and sewing!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Yay for you sewing! And loving it. Keep going!

Ray and Jeanne said...

Your post made my day! So glad things are looking up! ~Jeanne

Janet O. said...

So happy to hear that the shots have helped!
And you have been getting in some good therapy--that is great news!

Gene Black said...

Hooray for the B12 ad D3 improvements. Glad to see that you got back into the sewing room. Keep hanging in there.

Sylvia Anderson said...

Yea! So happy to hear that those injections are doing what needed to be done in order to bring some happiness and well being back into your life. Sewing is cathartic, therapeutic, creative, passion and all things that make us happy. Hugs and prayers.

MissPat said...

So good to hear the happiness in your "voice". Glad you are back in the sewing mode. I did a lap size Pineapple Blossom quilt for a little girl who lost her home in a fire. I had trouble keeping the blocks square no matter how careful I was, but it came out looking good anyway.

Lindafromnm said...

Debbie, how great it was to see your happy note this morning and hear that not only does your blood work show good results, but you feel better and are ready to tackle some sewing projects. I'm so happy for you and Sir Old Man. Enjoy your weekend.

Barbara said...

Fantastic news. I hope you continue feeling better and better. Fingers crossed.

Nicki said...

You sound so happy in your post. I can tell you are feeling better & so glad the B12 shots are in your system now & helping. Oh how fun to get an unexpected package in the mail. All those look like they just belong in your stash. I'm still praying daily for you. {{{HUGS}}}

LavenderBlue said...

Hooray....you are back in your element....where you belong! ❤️

Jasmine said...

Glad you were able to do some sewing. It is so therapeutic

Lindah said...

Wonderful news, indeed! And a fresh packet of fabric to get the creative juices going. Those are really pretty.

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Lindah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Connie Kresin Campbell said...

It is wonderful to hear that you are feeling better and.....able to do some quilting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...