Tuesday, July 24, 2018

One more to go

 I still can't count.  I thought I made enough sections....lol.  I am 4 short or enough for 1 full block. 

  This is 11 blocks and it will be large enough.  I am adding a black and white strip for an inner border and then string border  of leftovers for an outer border. 

  I found I got a more accurate block by removing at least part of the paper before joining the 4 sections into a block.  Mainly I removed the ends and the portion behind the black and white kite piece.  The purchased foundation tears nicely and comes off easily.....but there is still the mess of it all.  The price you pay for using the papers, I guess. 

  My plan for the week to end the month is to make one more block, and get the rows joined as I stitch together the leftover border.

  On the quilting front....machine cleaned and progress is being made.  Only 1 side left to quilt for the border on the the floral log cabin.   So I will end the month with this one quilted.  Binding to follow. 

 

 

11 comments:

Janet O. said...

Debbie, I LOVE this quilt. It is so attractive. I don't know what it is, but I just keep staring at it and smiling. :)

Linda Swanekamp said...

This is such a graphic quilt- very strong. The border will look great. Better blocks short rather than a day late and a dollar short!

Julierose said...

I love how your spider web is coming out....
When I used those papers, the only seam that I attached to the paper was the 1st one--after that, measure your strip and fold the paper back to do the actual seam line; then continue in the same way. Fold the paper back to measure before sewing each time and then fold it away as you sew--this way not so many papers to rip.... hugs, Julierose

diane said...

The white/black fabric is so perfect with this quilt. You certainly have a way with colors going together. Will have to keep those colors in mind for future quilts as background. I so love paper piecing and find TV time is good for ripping the papers out. Hope you are staying well!

Ray and Jeanne said...

I love how this is turning out. The black and white pieces really make the spider webs stand out. Can't wait to see the inner borders with that great string border. ~Jeanne

Mary said...

The string border will be the perfect finish for this project.

Louise said...

Not making enough blocks is usually my trick! I'm glad to hear I'm not alone :) Your quilt is looking great! The border treatment sounds really neat!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Looks great! Had a block counting issue myself just yesterday. ��

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Your spider web top is looking great.

---"Love" said...

That's a very striking design! It will be a real attention-grabber! ---"Love"

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I really like it. I try to put my paper pieces (pulled out) in the recycle bin. Helps me feel like I've helped out a bit. Pulling papers is more fun when watching a good movie.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...