Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Updating that Block!

  Today was just busy and I never got past answering emails to update yesterday's post.      There were so many good comments and ideas/suggestions for the simple block---Chandelier Bead---adapted from an uneven 9 patch.  If you are like me, you never get back to read all the comments and might just miss something good:)

  So I wanted to highlight and share a few.
  From Carole at My Carolina Home came the idea to use these blocks for QOV or Carolina Hurricane Quilt.  Great idea....red, white and blue:)

From Sharon at Vroomans Quilts is the idea to use this block for the RSC19 ---Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  She's the master of using scraps for special quilts.

Gene Black said he tried a mock up in EQ with dark background and it looked good!  See his version here.

Several agreed with the idea of Christmas fabrics would be pretty.  And a really cool idea from Miss Pat was to make a sample block like for the RSC, and attach a note of measurement/sizes for reference.  Then she doesn't have to try and remember where it came from.

So here's hoping you find some inspiration from the ideas and create your own special one.
Happy stitching.

5 comments:

Ray and Jeanne said...

Hoping your ice is completely gone. This is a great block and I love what everyone is saying - lots of inspiration here. Thanks! ~Jeanne

Mystic Quilter said...

Excellent idea from Sharon! I've been following the atrocious weather you've been having around your part of the country, looks absolutely terrible. Hope it clears pretty quickly.

Gene Black said...

I have posted an image from EQ on my blog at http://blog.geneblack.com/2018/12/chandelier-bead.html

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Thanks for the mention of the Carolina Hurricane Quilt Project, I'll be announcing some exciting updates in January.

Diane said...

Love the chandalier bead block

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...