Tuesday, October 8, 2019

From the Quilt Show and fabric......oh my!

  A few photos--borrowed/stolen from other members-- to share from our guild quilt show that I viewed on Sunday.



   Even though I have only tried one of the one block wonder quilts, this one was fascinating to me.  You have to look close to see the center portion is a printed panel!  The OBW blocks fill the bottom and part of the sides.  Of course, it helped my interest because of the floral garden theme.  I thought it was a beauty.








   This was a miniature entry made by Ruth Bartholomew, one of the show chairmen.  It is a tribute to  Ida Strauss, who was on the Titanic when it sunk.  Ruth was recently in the musical locally and played the part of Ida.  and she received great reviews.   The story behind the art creates that magical quality to make it so special.  Great job, Ruth.




  And the minute I turned the corner and saw this, I knew Sarge had made it!  It is full of glitter and sparkles, and has a personality all its own.....just like the quilter!





Image may contain: indoor








    And Sarge is also a very serious quilter......her hexie project, Blooming Through Grief shows it.   She literally stitched her heart into this one. 








   The featured quilter was Jaylynn, a wonderful friend and prolific quilter.  This has always been one of my favorite quilts that she made.  It features her Oriental fabric collection and it is just glorious in person.




 

 And the fabric.....oh, my! 





   The photo should explain that quickly enough.  A guild fund raiser is always a big fat quarter basket.  I bought a few tickets of course.  Janet was in charge this year and as per her usual self, she did an outstanding job.  So when the phone call came and said I won, oh, my!






   By her count there are about 40 yards of fabric in fat quarters along with a few books.    I spotted some wonderful blues, and greens,  a few orange ones for pumpkins I think, and a couple of florals.   All in all, just fun and many thanks to the fabric  muse that sent them my way.


  I survived the dentist appointment this morning and am sipping warm tea to ease the ache.  A new book is just the thing to help. 
Happy stitching. 

15 comments:

---"Love" said...

All the quilts you showed us are beautiful, but that first One Block Wonder is spectacular! Wish it were mine! ---"Love"

Linda Swanekamp said...

Just beautiful quilts. And the prize basket, wow. At our show, I had to deliver prize winning baskets to others not there which was hard. Looks like great greens, the hardest color I ever try to find. Hope you are all inspired up.

Julierose said...

Lovely quilts on display;I especially love that hexagon piece--just beautiful hugs, Julierose

Quilting Babcia said...

Wow, hard to even imagine 40 yards of fat quarters to play with, and that book Fat Quarter Friendly is one I've had for years, what a sweet win for you. Thanks for sharing the quilt show with us.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Has to be the best prize ever! One look at that and surely the tooth pain goes away? So fun. Congrats again!

Janet O. said...

I thoroughly enjoyed the show, Debbie.
How lucky for you to be the winner! Couldn't think of a nicer person to win.

Ray and Jeanne said...

Wow! The quilts are great and to also win that basket with 40 yards of fabric- wow! It almost makes going to the dentist insignificant. Hope your week is still going well. ~Jeanne

Gene Black said...

Congrats on a great win!
Thanks for sharing these quilts with us. I particularly love the scuba flamingo by Sarge.

LA Paylor said...

Girl! That basket!!! I'm so jealous! lol
I really loved seeing the quilts, especially the flamingo. And the one block wonder looks so like your works.
LeeAnna

Nicki said...

I thought the One Block Wonder quilt was one of yours. The floral garden looks like something you would do. I love it! All the quilts are spectacular but the Flamingo made me laugh out loud. Congrats on you BIG win! 40 yards of fat quarters is a goldmine in my books. Have fun with the treasure basket.

Louise said...

Lucky, lucky you! Congrats on winning such a fun prize :)

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Thanks for sharing the quilt inspiration photos.They are lovely. Happy you get to enjoy the wonderful basket of goodies.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice quilts, thanks for the show. Congrats on the raffle basket win. You'll have fun with all that new fabric.

Mary said...

I love quilt shows and you have shared some real beauties with us. Congrats on winning the basket of goodies.

Barb said...

So enjoyed all of the quilts you showed...just fabulous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...