Thursday, April 24, 2014

From new fabric

  While folding and cutting strips from the new fabric, I asked myself the "What if..." question and got caught up in finding out.  Based on my "Let's Book it" project for this month, so I will wait to show it then.  Hopefully I will have a completed flimsy today.

   The watercolor is still on the design wall....I need to add the final border when the inspiration strikes.  Some things just need to simmer a while, right?









   So a little instant gratification was needed.  I tried out a quick tutorial for thread catchers that I had pinned on Pinterest.  Too cute!  They are small but perfect for catching snippets of thread, and they take about 30 minutes start to finish.  And I got to dig through my button boxes to finish them off.

  I am looking for inspiration for next project and just seem to be in a lull.  With all the new fabric, I am pretty sure it will involve those florals.
Happy stitching.  

7 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You little snippet of 'show' is very pretty and I have seen the little thread catchers some time ago, but aren't they cute!

Janet O. said...

Borders rarely come easily to me. Hopefully you will be inspired quicker than I ever am! : )
Cute little thread catchers. Looks like one I was gifted last year, that I keep beside Gidget.

Createology said...

Your Watercolor on the design wall is beautiful. I love those little thread keepers and made lots of them for gifts. Have you made these super easy ornaments? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwvNU1pGd-Y
I have made them in lots of different fabrics and they mail easily too. Creative Sewing Bliss...

liniecat said...

way too cute to be just threadcatchers!

Barb said...

Wonderful quilt....fun thread catchers.

Kathryn D. Duke said...

Great little thread catchers!!!

And thanks for featuring me in your last posts!!!!
I have two Instagram pals that are also interested on making it too...well , one has already made it!!

Keep up your good work and yours will be finished in no time...looking forward to seeing it!!

Dana Gaffney said...

I can't wait to see where your "what if" took you, I love when that happens here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...