Sunday, October 4, 2015

Rain...and a pincushion

 It is still coming......so much rain that everything has that damp feel to it.
Thankfully we are fine with no water problems.  As of 10 am today, we have had over 7 '' of rain since Friday.  The middle of the state and low country were the ones getting twice that amount.  Power outages, trees down, roads closed, flooding.....so there will be much clean up this next week.
  The quilt show continues today.....we were surprised at the attendance we got.  Thanks to the brave souls who got out in the mess yesterday to visit.



  I took about a half an hour last night and put together a pincushion from the tutorial from Friday's post.   I heard from Ella and Nesta....they loved being featured, so go visit them.

  I rummaged around and found this oval hoop.  I picked up a few of these years ago when a garment manufacturer closed up.  I loved the shape of this oval one.  It is about 6 inches long and just over 3'' wide.   I used the back of a greeting card to make the base, and then stacked scraps of batting in layers for the filling.







   I used lots and lots of tacky glue to bring the fabric around the inner hoop and hold it in place on the back.  The bright gold felt was the only piece I had that was large enough.....lots of glue to secure it too.    I don't do well with a glue gun.....I usually burn/glue myself to a project.....so tacky glue is my choice.











A matching blue ribbon and it now hangs on the design wall.  I  love this one!  And I am sure I will enjoy using it.

So if I can do this one.....I know you can too!

Happy stitching.







7 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This is so cute! A great hanging cushion to display some handmade pins - even see this for my collection of old hat pins.

Lynda said...

Cute!!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Sorry to hear about the weather over there, we have had terrific high winds and lots of damage in the South Island of NZ but seems to be OK here in Auckland.
Debbie I just love your pin cushion to hang on the wall - I must make one to hand by my design wall instead of twisting around to reach the pin cushion by my machine!

Dana Gaffney said...

I was just getting ready to email you to check up after seeing the headlines, glad to hear you're not floating and still have power. The pincushion is lovely.

Nicki said...

So glad you were able to go ahead & have the guild quilt show & that y'all are o.k. right now from all the rain. The little pin cushion is precious. I like the idea of hanging it on the design wall. I generally just use my wall as my pin cushion but that's not as pretty as a sweet cushion like you made.

Janet O. said...

Glad you have been spared the worst of the storms!
That is such a sweet pincushion--love the shape, the fabric, and the matching ribbon. Nice job!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a neat pincushion! Stay safe Debbie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...