Friday, October 9, 2015

Friday Finds


  Before I share some finds, here is a peek at where I am with the plumes.   I need to add and fill in a bit on the bottom corner.  The bottom side needs some darker ones added and I think it needs just a little more height.  The upper corner is just about right.  Thanks to everyone for your comments and suggestions......each one helped my direction on this.  I will be quite busy stitching these down, as I got a little plume crazy.  I have a friend who is facing a major health crisis and I think she will need some comfort.






For your weekend fun, here are a few finds.






Another label idea was shared with me from Sylvia..  This is from Sewcanshe blog.  A folded corner label  plus an additional corner label with extra info equals a quick way to hang up with a dowel.  This is especially great for wall hangings.






VROOMANS QUILTS: House Block Tutorial:

  I have been waiting for this tutorial!  From Vrooman's Quilts, Sharon shares her house block in tutorial form.   She has made them in all colorways, and each one is so cute.  A couple of these and those trees from last week would be a great banner.










ban_june_20A

  I love this pineapple block.  I found this at Havelssewing and it is design by Beth Novak.      Four of these blocks make a wall hanging....perfect for the season.  An excellent tutorial for making the block.












Crazy Old Ladies Quilts: Orange You Glad- a tutorial:

   I started a new board just for Orange peel/pumpkin seed quilts.  I am collecting ideas.....and that's enough of a hint.

From Crazy Old Ladies blog.  The quilt is great and so is the tutorial to make the "peels" using fusible interfacing .    I have used this technique before and it works great....especially for larger applique pieces like these.



As always, please visit the links for details and for pinning.
I will be cutting plumes, and stitching away, enjoy your weekend and the sun!
Happy stitching.

10 comments:

Ray and Jeanne said...

Love the plume quilt! I agree - a few darker ones in the lower corner will be perfect! Your friend will feel comfort and love with this quilt. ~Jeanne

Quilting Babcia said...

Wow, I just love your plumes quilt top! That is so "you"! I can already see it quilted with your endless feather plumes - perfect.
That pineapple block is beautiful - thanks for sharing. I always look forward to your Friday Finds posts even though I know I'll never get around to making most of them.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love the plumes and sure your friend will find this a wonderful and comforting hug. Thank you for the shout out - saved the pineapple block tute, love it.

Janet O. said...

Ah, the quilt looks lovely!
I especially like that pineapple from your "finds". Very clever!

Dana Gaffney said...

The plumes look great! I'm definitely making the pineapple, it's too cute and I've become addicted to Dresden's. Orange peel quilts are always so pretty, I made one a while back appliqueing the peels, quick and easy but I felt like I cheated, :) I have no idea what a pumpkin seed is though so now I have to stalk you, again.

Dana Gaffney said...

Stalking failed, Lol. Is a pumpkin seed just another name for a peel? Don't hold out on me.

Jasmine said...

I really like the way it is looking.

Janet said...

The plumes are looking great!

Lynda said...

I love how the plumes look and add to that quilt.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

The plumes are beautiful on your quilt, great links!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...