I finished off the free motion quilting on the bargello top. Large meandering in the center section---nothing shows too much on all those floral prints----and swirls in the border to finish it up.
Then I turned to the design wall.
I wanted to show how much the size reduces on the water color projects when the seams are sewn. On the far right are the "fused to interfacing" units starting off at 14''. The smaller four units have the vertical and horizontal seams sewn. They measure 10 1/2'' now. In case you are wondering ....sewn units are 75% of the original size. They sew up fast and easy, and I am doing leader and ender 4 patches between rows.
And a thank you to Susan, aka "Sarge". She claims to have been carrying this zippered bag around for 3 months. She made this for me for Christmas. Isn't it a beauty! I love, love, love the red and she did a great job on the zipper too. I know that was a labor of love because she doesn't have a sewing background. Boy, she has come a long way, baby. Thanks, Sarge.....hugs.
Haven't gotten a lot accomplished.....cold weather and low pressure systems wreck havoc on nerves and joints. But tomorrow will be warmer, and I plan to work on the binding for the bargello. Happy stitching.