Monday, August 15, 2011

Heads Up...part 2

Quilted, and bound, and awaiting a label. 

 I ended up having to use a jeans needle on this one for the free motion quilting, especially around the leaves at the bottom.  Just too many layers I think.  At the bottom, I used a darker thread and up and down spikes to mimic the leaves for quilting. 







 For the rest of the quilt, I just created a background of flowing lines a la McTavishing....sort of.  And swirls around the entire thing for a border.  The outdoor photo shows the quilting better.

This ended up 35" and 42"....it is going over the love seat in the great room.
 One more to go to finish up the summer projects.  And finally, the weather has "cooled" to normal!  We should have a week of 80's----I will take them.  I've been following Bonnie Hunter's blog....she is in Alaska and I am so jealous.   Maybe next summer.
Happy stitching. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a wonderful job on the quilting--the quilt looks great!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It is absolutely beautiful!!! I'm glad you are hanging it in your own house.

Lynne said...

Beautiful - I can only aspire to be anywhere near that competent one day!

Thanks for continuing to inspire and for taking the time to communicate with me!

Ivory Spring said...

Oh my, your quilt is GORGEOUS!!!

Borderline Quilter said...

Wow...love this Debbie....

Kay in Scotland

Aksha cooking said...

Amazing work

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...