Friday, August 12, 2011

Quick journal project

This one was really quick and easy.  I used batik scraps pieced together for the feathers....the easy shape.  The background is a clean up cloth from fabric painting last year....the quick part.   The background seemed just right with the light and muted areas for the feathers. I couldn't have planned or painted this if I had tried!   I fused  the feather shapes and did a little free motion quilting. 
  I like the simplicity and contrast in this one.


Thanks for all the great comments about Summer of Love, the florabunda quilt.  I was surprised how many liked the yellow.  I ended up turning down (and deleting) the offer from the florist group.  Doubt I can  stop them from using the photos anyway.  The batting order came last night, so next week I'll be quilting it. 
  Still looking for Wantobe quilters.....it's not too late to register and comment for great prizes.
Enjoy the weekend....and happy stitching.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

That background is very subtle - and I agree, probably difficult to recreate!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...