Wednesday, August 26, 2015

A tool roll?

   I'm  still nursing a sore jaw and gum line from the dental work.  Instead of running away to hide in my misery,  I have just been working  to  clean the work area up.    Really, I am better, just don't tell Sir Old Man.  I like to milk it for all the sympathy I can get.
 
   Today I tackled a tool roll.   Actually, this will be a tool roll for wood chisels......at the request of Sir Old Man.    I had asked Deana to see if she could clean up the scrap bin at work for some heavy pieces for this project for her Dad.  He wanted a custom size roll for the expensive wood chisels that he has acquired.

  I brought back the fabrics she found for me to use......and today was figure out a design, see if it worked, and then make it day.

  My first "test" out of thin shirting saved me a big disaster because it did not work.   I made a visit to Pinterest for ideas.   I refined my design, and headed to the workshop to check the size  of the chisels again.  Sure enough I needed to increase the dimensions and add in some fullness to the pockets.   This first one still needs a side binding and the ties.  Then I can move on to the second one  to fit another set of chisels.  By the time I get to the third one---gift for the Pesky Elf---I should have it figured out.

   The doll quilts are rolling in.....I will be doing a big post on them in a couple of days.  Mrs. Claus has been very busy.    Every story that comes with them is just wonderful, and touches the heart.
  OK, I am done for the day.....after I cook dinner and all that stuff.   Happy stitching.  

4 comments:

Mary said...

Glad you're feeling better. Hopefully, the remaining soreness will go away quickly. I hope we get to see a picture of the finished tool roll.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Glad the dental work is behind you. I hate having that "hanging" over me. Much more fun things to do anyway...

Janet O. said...

Get every minute of sympathy you can, Debbie! : )
Isn't it interesting the things we get asked by hubbies to make?
I have made covers for many a piece of camping gear.

Dana Gaffney said...

Milk it! If you forget and start acting unpained tell him you took some aspirin and it took the edge off, LOL. I'm so glad I'm reading this when David's not home, I don't want him requesting little jackets for all of his tools, although now that I wrote that it's sounds ridiculously fun, maybe little hoodies. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...