Sunday, August 9, 2015

Mrs. Claus stitches!

 Saturday was Windows 10 update day......I hate any changes to my computer.  It is like teaching an old dog a new trick.....I would rather chew on a bone!  But, after a few rants and bad words, I lived through it...... found my photos, checked to be sure the files moved properly, and with Sir Old Man's help got the new photos uploaded.   As a side note....I hate the cloud stream photo albums.  They just lump everything together.  I work in Picasa because it is simple to use without a lot of stuff to confuse me.  I keep photos by month, and that's the way I like it.
On to the good stuff......

I have a few doll quilts to share from several Mrs. Claus stitchers.

Mrs. Claus of Texas blogs at HillCountryquilter.  And any Texas quilter must have made a Tumbleweed quilt...ala Bonnie Hunter pattern.  Mary said she saved all the cut off corner triangles and made this adorable doll quilt.  Not only are the points/piecing beautiful....so is her quilting.  Thank you, Mrs. Claus of Texas.







  Mrs. Claus of Michigan, aka Fayejean, sent these two doll quilts.   This Mrs. Claus is part of the Circle of Friends online group.  Her little quilts are very soft and cuddly with adorable decorative stitching for the quilting.  Thank you, Mrs. Claus of Michigan.





Mrs. Claus of New York sent two bright and cheerful doll quilts.  I love the rounded corners that she put on these two scrappy quilts.  I need to apologize to Hilary for holding on to these for a while before showing them.....I had not forgotten them.  Thank you, Mrs. Claus of New York.






And yesterday, I received a package from Mrs. Claus of Nebraska.  Earlier this week I shared a bit of her story.   Carole sent two completed quilts and one top to be finished.  Both of them are just so special.....beautiful piecing and stitching on them.



  Before I took photos this morning, I made sure to add a signature label to both of the finished ones.  I set aside an extra label for  the top I will finish up for her.  Thank you, Mrs. Claus of Nebraska.  May you be blessed for your efforts and by our prayers for you.


  What a great showing of doll quilts....I thank you all.
Hugs and happy stitching.    

5 comments:

Dana Gaffney said...

windows 10 NO!!! LOL. The doll quilts are wonderful as usual especially those from Nebraska, you brought tears to my eyes once again.

Mary said...

It's always fun to see what the other Mrs. Claus's come up with. Thanks for the kind words. I also organize my photos in Picasa by year and month!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

I'm the world's worst at taking care of photos. It's been two years since my daughter's wedding and we have yet to order. Messing around with technology is my. least. favorite. thing. ever! I have a Mac now so I don't have to do updates anymore but I still feel for you on that! The quilts are so, so cute! What's the latest counts on those? This year, and maybe total overall?

sunny said...

Love the pretty doll quilts. I'm making one each month as part of the Rainbow Scrap challenge 2015, so I have 7 in my pile now. When do you need them? I love making them.

Janet O. said...

Lovely collection of doll quilts.
I have never seen anything made by Carole that wasn't quality work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...