Friday, August 21, 2015

Friday Finds

  




Just a couple of things I spotted to share.  This one is a great reference to a big variety of sources.  It comes from Quilt Inspiration and is full of free patterns. 

Bags, tote, purses, laptop cases.....it is all linked here.  There should be a pattern for everyone.  I actually have made a couple of these and thought this was a wonderful resource to pin and keep.  






2015/2016 Calendar by Amy Ellis - AmysCreativeSide.com




A little bit of organizing help.   Amy at Amy's Creative Side posted a printable calendar designed to help keep our quilting/blogging activities straight.  I thought this was a great idea!   
 I can print off the months, make my plans and lists to post in the sewing room.  This is great for those of us who teach or do demos.
 Thanks, Amy.  









Frixion pen
I am not trying to open a debate, but I found this article and wanted to pass it on.
From Quilt Skipper......The Frixon pens that are a late rage for marking quilts are GEL pens.  The mark may fade or disappear with heat, but that gel stays in the fabric.   An interesting read.
  Note:  I only mark with a pencil, very lightly.  If my stitching is good, you won't notice it.  And if you see it....you know I needed help. 

Hope you find something of interest today.  As always, pin from the original source.   My Pinterest boards are here .  I have reorganized a couple of the boards and broken them down into smaller groupings.   Just to confuse and keep it interesting....lol.  I am off to a local quilt show today and looking for inspiration.   Happy stitching.

4 comments:

Dana Gaffney said...

I've been reading for a while about those pens, I guess in some cases the marks have come back when they get cold, that would be terrible. I use chalk. I've been trying to get some order to my boards too, I'm checking yours out and may "borrow" some ideas.

Janet O. said...

I like Amy's calendar. Great idea.
Never have used the Frixion pens and I get along fine without them.

Cheryl said...

I love to make bags too , I have plans to make a crazy quilt one soon, I have seen so many nice ones on Pinterest!
As for the Pen's I have not used them but wish I could find some I can mark on dark fabrics that show up.
I don't think I want the gel in my quilts.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Good info on the pens; what little marking I've done, I've only used pencil.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...