Friday, November 13, 2015

Friday Finds

How about a couple of  blocks this week?

Friendship Star QM Bitty Blocks: November’s Friendship Stars  These are called Bitty Blocks and are from Quiltmaker.  Click here for a good little tutorial on making these Friendship Star blocks. They have more small blocks...just follow their links.  They are a great size for borders, too.








Turning 20 or Taking a Turn quilt pattern. Pick out just 20 fat quarters and stack them up in 5's (4 times) and cut per this diagram and SNAP you have a whole quilt ready to sew! This works great and in a single weekend you have a quilt! Happy quilting! CZ1:   This is the Turning Twenty Again block....the big block.  The pin says I uploaded it, but not so.    And I am not sure where I snagged it from.  Before I get jumped on for copyright....save the photo and print it for your library.

   Anyway,  I get asked for info on this one a lot, so here it is.  By using 20 fat quarters, you can create a large quilt in a weekend....easily.  Twelve blocks makes a nice size throw quilt.
  Fabric selection is important here.  It works wonderful for batiks.  I made Autumn's Carpet using this pattern.    Use a focal print and coordinate other fabrics-----not using strong contrast lets the fabric do the work.





(7) Name: 'Quilting : Applique Add On's - Season's Greetings 1:

 From Craftsy......beautiful applique patterns.  I could not resist those swirls.  Just viewing them is wonderful inspiration to add some zing to seasonal projects......which I need to get busy on.










what a great idea. Now if I can remember to buy one of these containers. Ribbon is really hard to store and this is perfect.:
  I thought this was so clever!  To keep your ribbons in check and organized, place them in a bin with holes on the sides.  The ribbon ends are feed thru the holes for easy access.  Check out the  other  So Clever ideas.







And that's a wrap for the week of Finds.  As always, please visit the original source for pinning.
 
  The sewing room is in total disarray as I am getting all the small stuff together to take for the class on Tuesday.  The quilts are sorted and stacked.....it is all the other stuff I need to take!  I feel like I am packing to move, but that's not so.
Hopefully, I will get some time to stitch up a few more of those orange peels......the stack is growing.
Happy stitching.

6 comments:

Dana Gaffney said...

The "uploaded by pinner" thing on pinterest makes me a little crazy, I see things all the time I'd like to pin but won't because of it. I love the applique from Craftsy, it's so pretty.

Quilting Babcia said...

Thanks for posting the Bitty Block pattern link. I can see a lot of places where this star can be used. So simple and so effective. Love these Friday Finds, and look forward to them each week.

Mary said...

It always looks like I'm moving out when I go to a class! I love friendship star blocks.

Janet O. said...

All of your finds are great, but that ribbon idea has GOT to happen at my house!! : )

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

I need that ribbon basket. Thanks for all you share.

Susan said...

Oh no, I am in trouble again........ Those Bitty Blocks are calling my name..... Of course I want to make a large quilt...... I must be nuts............

Thanks for sharing those wonderful ideas...........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...