Friday, November 18, 2016

Pineapple Blossom top

   We finally had a day of less smoky conditions and I grabbed a couple of shots of the completed top.   It's my version of pineapple blossom pattern from Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville.   The colors are a bit more vibrant than the photo, but for now you get the idea.   It will rest until I am able to quilt again.


  Today was my final day at PT...bittersweet.  Glad to have conquered the balance box, and have confidence and skills to resume most daily activities, and sad to not see my wonderful therapists twice a week:)   But they are there if I need to return for advance skills---like driving again one day.   Each one is special and have been my constant cheering squad for each skill I conquered.


  So in 10 days, it will be the carpel tunnel surgery and back to FMQ and Hot Legs!  I have had enough doctor's visits and check ups this week.  I need a rest:)
 
  And  I got the watercolor banner sewn together.  Actually, I think it would look better turned 180 degrees....I will just take another photo to check.  And I am planning a bit of applique for the accent to this.  And to border or not..... still undecided.   Maybe this weekend I will get to it.

   Happy stitching.  

13 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

So glad that you are progressing so well. I hadn't thought about you not being able to drive. I'm 'Ms. Independence' and was always the one who drove everyone else, since I was 16. Not being able to drive would be the hardest on me, I think, especially since most of our family lives 1200 miles away, and I drive there (by myself, usually) to see them.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love your Pineapple Blossom - so you. I hear you about too many drs and surgeries - a rest from it all.

Siver_Angela said...

Блоки в квилте хороши. И конечно же ваша акварель прекрасна!

Ray and Jeanne said...

Love your pineapples! You definitely deserve a rest. Praying for your upcoming surgery and that your life will continue returning to normal. ~Jeanne

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely to see the full quilt, it's beautiful! Happy to hear the balance problems have been overcome, won't be long now before you're back in action after the surgery.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love your Pineapple Blossoms quilt top. Florals will forever be my favorite fabrics.

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Love the Pineapple Blossom top. Hope you will be quilting before too long.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Pineapple Blossoms is a color treat. You have come so far. It has to be daunting to have to press on to get where you want to be.

Janet O. said...

It is a beautiful finish, Debbie!
It will be so good to have the carpal tunnel surgery behind you and be able to get back to Hot Legs!
I think the banner looks great as is. What do you see as the reason for turning it that I am totally missing? LOL

Quilting Babcia said...

It's so good to hear that your PT has progressed so well that you can call that a finish! It will be good to also have the carpal tunnel surgery behind you, then full steam ahead with all the projects that have been percolating in your head for the past few months! Pineapple Blossoms is a gorgeous top! I like the banner at the angle you have shown it here. Blessings and prayers for a successful surgery and easy, quick recovery!

Dana Gaffney said...

The pineapple blossoms is gorgeous, I'm so glad you stuck with it. It's kind of amazing that PT has ended, I remember the beginning when it was so hard, now just look at you :). Surgery done and quilting again sounds so wonderful.

Sylvia Anderson said...

It's amazing how far you have come and when the carpal tunnel is taken care of, there will be no stopping you. Our therapist do so much for us and because of what they do, they begin to feel like family. They gently nudge, push, prod, encourage, inspire, reassure and cheer us on so that we may become the person we used to be, or as close as possible. A good therapist is worth their weight in gold. It's so good to hear you speak of the future in such a positive light and hope you have a good weekend. Hugs

Mary said...

Beautiful top. So glad you got a break from the smokey conditions.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...