Thursday, November 24, 2016

What color am I grateful for?





 I saw  this list of  prompts  for a gratitude journal.  As I read through them one caught my eye.  

    I remember saying that my hospital stay this summer was so devoid of color.   I felt starved from it and took great delight in the blue sky as Sir Old Man finally took me home.   I commented "I forgot how blue the sky can be", and then I cried.  I am grateful for blue....always.  Here are a few of my favorite things in blue.

 
   This quilt used blocks from a monthly block exchange at guild from many, many years ago.   When I decided to clear out the UFOs, this was the first project I completed.  Simple and serene.   I love the classic look.









   Some of the blue baubles on a winter wall hanging from a few years ago.  All the shades of blue from icy light to dark of night shades created this
 one .   I used decorative stitches on my machine, with blue threads, to create the  bead/chain between the ornament shapes.







   In the garden window in the kitchen are an assortment of a pale  blue vase, a bottle,  a canning jar, and a small pitcher.  I enjoy the light reflection during the day when the sun is shining on them.

Blue is my favorite color and I will always be grateful for it......
And purple runs a close second.

  And on this Thanksgiving Day, I am grateful to still be blogging.  I am grateful for all the emails and comments, and notes that were sent this summer and fall  during my health crisis.  Not only did they lift and carry me, but each one meant a great deal to Sir Old Man.
   I am grateful to my therapists that pushed, and prodded me to keep going by their belief in me.  They challenged me to go home and live.  It was a challenge I took to heart.  Today, I can walk, I can sew, and I can be semi-independent.  That is so huge.  Yes, I have much to be grateful for.  ♥💙💙
Did you know Blogger has added symbols/emoji, and etc that we can now use?
Happy stitching.

11 comments:

Lynda said...

Debbie, What a wonderful post and so appropriate for this day. I'm so glad you continue to feel better. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Sylvia Anderson said...

Happy Thanksgiving Debbie......I enjoyed your post this morning and am so happy for you and your family, that all is ending on a happy note. Have a wonderful day with your family, especially, sir Old Man, who has been your rock throughout this whole ordeal. Hugs to you all.

Ray and Jeanne said...

Happy Thanksgiving! ~Jeanne

Dana Gaffney said...

Happy Thanksgiving my friend, this is a wonderful post!

MissPat said...

Happy Thanksgiving and blessings to you and Sir Old Man. While there are still some challenges, you have made remarkable progress. Enjoy each day as it comes.
Pat

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I am grateful for your recovery and know you will push for more progress in the future.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Your story is so inspiring and genuine. It is so thrilling to see you come out the other side of such adversity! Thank you for sharing your life with us and letting us be your cheerleaders! It is ok to love blue, but not be blue.

Gene Black said...

I did not know about the symbols/emojis. I will have to check into that.
Your recovery is something I am grateful for also. :)

Mystic Quilter said...

A wonderful post Debbie! Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving - you deserve it!!

Lindah said...

Beautiful post, in word and illustration.
I, too, am thankful for your recovery. It makes me smile and thank the Lord every time you mention a bit of progress, every new sewing project --indeed, every post.

Mary said...

I just realized that I let this beautiful post pass by without responding. Happy belated Thanksgiving, Debbie! I love your blog and am always inspired by your work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...