Thursday, December 10, 2009

Fall to Winter Banner and Sugar and Spice

Sugar and Spice is ready for the label.  It is an I Spy game quilt for Natalie.  I used 6 inch squares of all type of conversational prints.  I had a lot with hearts and flowers on them, hence the name of sugar and spice.  It is a long ride to Florida and hopefully it will take hours for her to count the hearts and flowers on this! 
On the label I listed a lot of categories to look for or to count like things to wear, things to eat, animals,  hearts and colors of flowers.  I used fabric with a cardinal on it for part of the label.  The finished size is 45 inches by 58 inches.  For the binding I used up a lot of extra leftover pieces.

The third watercolor banner for my seasonal series is ready for its label too.  The cardinal is harder to find on this.  He is hidden in the holly leaves fabric on the left near the bottom.
I called this one "Fall to Winter" because of the rust color fabric used on one side of the border.   The original fall banner ended up turning into an art quilt with the tree on one side and being too large to be a banner.  So I really need to come up with a winter banner.  I have a spring one that features an iris, and a summer one with the climbing rose.  I think maybe the winter one will feature a crocus. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...