Sunday, December 27, 2009

Lots of snow and lots of food....

Our few days in Asheville, NC was wonderful.  There was lots of snow on the ground, and thankfully the roads were mostly clear.  The cabin was just a dream with a huge long covered porch and a bird feeder.  So guess what was the first thing that greeted us....a cardinal, so I knew we were welcome here.  We did a little bit of shopping and found  a quilt shop, The Cotton Company, and of course I added to my stash.  And I found the Isacord thread that Leah at 365 Days of Free Motion Quilting reccommends.  So I can't wait to give it a try.
Christmas Day was cold and rainy.  I got up early to put on the roast and guess what?  It was still in the freezer and I went into a panic.  After a strong cup of coffee,  I calmed down and gave thanks for the frozen roast.  We got it thawed enough for the crock pot, so all was not lost.
The Corn Pudding my daughter made was so good and even better the next day.  So here is the recipe.
Corn Pudding
1 box of Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 can whole kernel corn--drained
1 can of cream corn
4 eggs--beaten
1 tsp salt
3 Tbsp  sugar
1/2 C sour cream
1/2 tsp of fresh nutmeg
1/2 C melted butter
Mix all ingrdients together.  Pour into greased baking dish--about 1 1/2 quart dish.  Let sit for 1 hour.  Then bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes till the center is set and lightly browned. 
I did manage to get blocks stitched and cut into pieces for assembling for the scappy mountains.  I only got one block completely pieced.  And that is okay, because as I finish it up I will have the wonderful Christmas memories to stitch into it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...