Thursday, May 2, 2019

Update! With a miracle thrown in....

   What a roller coaster ride the past few days have been.  My brother has had several more consults, exams, biopsy scheduled, and so on.  Nothing definitive, but general consensus was only biopsy will tell for sure....and it could be musculature.   Then yesterday he got up and said he felt normal.....less pain, and swelling down....what?

  He returned to his first doctor, and they talked about all the consults, and compared all to how he felt then.  Bottom line, he canceled the biopsy and is talking one week of steroids to see if all the swelling disappears.  He promises to be cautious and rush to the ER or doctor if any change happens. 
  We are optimistic and relieved to not have to rush to Florida, and so grateful for healing hands of mercy from above.  A timely miracle, I think, that brings me to my knees.  And very thankful for all the prayers and concern offered. 

  My creative self feels full and lifted....so I am sharing an older project called Awakening I.  This is my form of self expression.  Over on Linda's blog, Art in Search, she shared a wonderful post on reflections. 
Happy stitching. 

12 comments:

Mary said...

Sending positive thoughts your way and hoping the steroids do the trick!

Quilting Babcia said...

Such good news, I can feel the weight being lifted from your shoulders as you wrote this post. This is the day that the Lord has made, and we will rejoice ...

diane said...

Horray for getting good news. What a relief and hope the steroids make it stay that way.
Our God is awesome for sure.

Gene Black said...

This made me smile. I am so happy that it is good news.

Julierose said...

That is wonderful that it is good news...
What a lovely little quilt piece--very uplifting...nice work hugs, Julierose

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

That's wonderful news! Your watercolor piece is beautiful - ;))

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great news for your brother. There are so many crazy things to affict the body. You know. I just love your piece today- I needed to see some flowers. A friend gave me some floral fabric that is swiss cheesed cut and I am trying to get some good florals from it.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Praying that the swelling goes away and stays away.

MissPat said...

I'm glad there's been some improvement for your brother and hope it stays that way. Also glad he will remain watchful as this doesn't sound like anything you would want to ignore.

Off to retreat this weekend and taking both the watercolor TAW and the quarter log cabin blocks.

Pat

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Thankful for good news. Thanks for sharing your lovely watercolor design.

Sylvia Anderson said...

The power of prayer and good thoughts, never ceases to amaze me. Will continue prayers for a positive outcome. Hugs

Ray and Jeanne said...

This is wonderful! ~Jeanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...